Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sopranos prequel film in production

Sopranos prequel film in production

http://deadline.com/2018/03/david-ch...ne-1202319202/

On the one hand, prequels rarely work.

On the other, I love The Sopranos and just the idea of David Chase returning to that world has me interested.

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-10-2018),Tom Servo (03-08-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sopranos prequel film in production

I loved those 1960s Newark flashback scenes in the series of Johnny Boy and Uncle Jun and Livia, so I'm fully on board with this.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

Chip R (03-15-2018)

Re: Sopranos prequel film in production

Sounds like fun. Chase will get to use his 60s music that he likes so much. The problem with this is that people will compare it to the original series and will want the same actors back. But it's worked for Better Call Saul and it hasn't suffered in comparisons to Breaking Bad even with minimal use of actors from the latter series. One thing we need to remember from The Sopranos is that most of the cast - save for Chianese, Bracco and Marchand - were unknowns. Van Zandt was known from the music business but had no real acting experience. Most of the others had bit parts in TV shows and movies but weren't well known to the public. So I hope fans give the new actors a break and maybe they will become stars in their own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?