Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Golf Thread

Re: 2018 Golf Thread

Very kind of Spieth to bring himself back to the pack this morning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

A lot of the field struggling today. Mickelson went from 3rd to 39th in the space of 4 holes as he triple bogeyed the 9th, bogeyed the 11th and double bogeyed the 12th

Apparently, very tough greens with the wind playing a part.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Reed is ready...I don't think he'll let the moment get to him. I expect him to play up to it and hold off Rory and Rickie.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Reed is ready...I don't think he'll let the moment get to him. I expect him to play up to it and hold off Rory and Rickie.
    If Reed has another round in the 60s tomorrow it will be the first time in Masters history a player had 4 rounds in the 60s

7. Likes:

Stray (04-08-2018)

Is it too late to get some money down on Tiger?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    No way. I'll take your bet.

10. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    If Reed has another round in the 60s tomorrow it will be the first time in Masters history a player had 4 rounds in the 60s
    Wow that's some stat. Woulda never thought so with the tournaments Jack and Tiger have had. But Reed has been real good every single day. He hits comfortable draws which is great for righties at Augusta.

And if Rory comes out firing tomorrow like I think he will, I just think it'll fire Reed up more than anything. Their Ryder Cup pairing was all kinds of awesome. I just don't see Reed folding.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Tiger's been playing well, but Johnny Miller and others had noted that even in these tournaments he's been playing well in, he's not exactly been precise with his irons. His distance control had been off and as hard as Augusta is playing this week it just magnified it. He hasn't been bad, just not precise like Augusta requires. But there's a lot to like about his game right now...he's driving the bejesus outta the ball and his short game looks as good as ever. He'll dial the irons in sooner than later and he'll be ready to contend in majors.

I'd bet on him having a solid round tomorrow tho. Around the back 9 on Friday he kinda got his swing worked out and has played pretty good golf since then.

Jordan Speith going low so far, as he tries to inch his was back into serious contention. Paul Casey is -9 through 16. Course record time?

Holy Spieth

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Holy Spieth
    Bears repeating

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-08-2018),Stray (04-08-2018)

What an awesome Sunday of golf. Spieth and Fowler were fantastic, they put all kinds of pressure on Reed who was a bit nervy and didn't have his best stuff. But man, so impressed that Reed was able to hang on. He had a few testy putts and timely birdies to just stay in front.

Super disappointing Sunday for Rory, particularly after he took a few subtle shots at Reed after his round yesterday. If you're gonna talk like that you better bring it and he did not.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-08-2018)

What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on around here?!? The first round of the US Open is almost half over, and I have to go to page two to find this thread?!?

Apparently it's not going to be Day, Mickelson, Spieth or Kopeka this year. Though it's not yet too late for Spieth to turn this thing around.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-15-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on around here?!? The first round of the US Open is almost half over, and I have to go to page two to find this thread?!?

Apparently it's not going to be Day, Mickelson, Spieth or Kopeka this year. Though it's not yet too late for Spieth to turn this thing around.
    I love the U.S. Open because it makes those guys look like us hackers for a weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?