Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton coming to Cincinnati in 2019

Re: Hamilton coming to Cincinnati in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    Exactly when did the universe appoint RTG as the point person in charge of determining how other people should spend their money?
    I thought that was Servo's job?

2. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-20-2018),Raisor (03-21-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    no
    Give it to Doug instead?

5. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-20-2018),Redsfaithful (03-15-2018)

Exactly when did the universe appoint RTG as the point person in charge of determining how other people should spend their money?
    I didn’t do that, I just said I don’t get it. I also said “please consider giving to charity instead.” The horror!

However, I’m sure you and the others who will be ripping on me and what I said in this thread never question how others spend their money. Only difference is this is something y’all think is so amaaaazing.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 03-15-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Could you not say the same thing with pretty much anything. If you can afford a $300k house, why not purchase one for $285K and donate $15K to a worthwhile charity. Willing to drop $200 at Ruby's? Why not hit McDonalds and donate $200 to a worthwhile charity? Get a new 60" TV capable of playing 4K for $1500, even though your current 48" TV plays everything you throw at it, why not stick with that and donate it to charity? etc, etc, etc.

Look, on the surface, I agree...I'm not going to spend $1200-$1400 on a couple of tickets to any theater production (or movie, sporting event, concert, etc.) but that's not my thing. If someone else wants to do so, who am I to judge if it was worth it to them. Not worth it to me, but I'm sure I've spend money on things they'd never spend money on...
    House = shelter you spend the vast majority of your time in. Perhaps the rest of your life.

Ruby’s = I think paying $100 for a steak is ridiculous. But whatever, quality food is important.

TV = something you have for a long period of time.

$1000’s of dollars for a 2 hour theater production is different. It’s basically giving thousands of dollars away for a moment of time you get nothing tangible out of.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 03-15-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Well this thread went to a place.

I spent a lot of money to go see Hamilton in Chicago. I thought it was amazing. I apologize.

9. Likes:

Chip R (03-15-2018),Hoosier Red (03-20-2018),nmculbreth (03-15-2018),Redsfaithful (03-15-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post

I spent a lot of money to go see Hamilton in Chicago.
    Jerk

11. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-20-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

$1000’s of dollars for a 2 hour theater production is different. It’s basically giving thousands of dollars away for a moment of time you get nothing tangible out of.
    Experiences >>> things

13. Likes:

dabvu2498 (03-15-2018),Hoosier Red (03-20-2018),marcshoe (03-15-2018),nmculbreth (03-15-2018),reds1869 (03-15-2018),Redsfaithful (03-15-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Experiences >>> things
    Exactly. I'm not saying I don't have some nice stuff. I have an awesome TV and drive a nice car and live in a nice apartment, but I'd much rather spend my money on experiences. Nobody wants to hear stories about what you have, they want to know about what you've done.

15. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-20-2018)

You guys really should have checked in with RTG before deciding what to spend to see something as silly as a musical....

After all you guys are all very low IQ and cannot possibly make a rational decision otherwise.

17. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-20-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Experiences >>> things
    Completely agree. I guess sitting in a chair for 2 hours watching something in a dark room isn’t really an experience to me. Basically just a live movie. But, that’s just my opinion.

Before you say baseball games! Or something, you actually interact with those around you and I would never pay more than $100 for a baseball game ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys really should have checked in with RTG before deciding what to spend to see something as silly as a musical....

After all you guys are all very low IQ and cannot possibly make a rational decision otherwise.
    Never said people that pay that kind of money are all very low IQ. Just said it makes me question it. Just because you question something doesn’t mean you have already made your mind up on what you are questioning. Please stop putting words in my mouth.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 03-15-2018 at 04:35 PM.

I cannot comprehend spending that kind of money on a 3 hr musical or play. It honestly makes me question the IQ of the people that pay it.

If you can afford blowing $700 on a musical ticket, take that money and give it to charity.
    Completely agree. I guess sitting in a chair for 2 hours watching something in a dark room isn’t really an experience to me. Basically just a live movie. But, that’s just my opinion.

Before you say baseball games! Or something, you actually interact with those around you and I would never pay more than $100 for a baseball game ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

Never said people that pay that kind of money are all very low IQ. Just said it makes me question it. Just because you question something doesn’t mean you have already made your mind up on what you are questioning. Please stop putting words in my mouth.
    You do you, brah.

20. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-20-2018)

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing Hamilton is nothing like seeing a movie. It is a true interactive experience. That is why people are paying $700 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Exactly. I'm not saying I don't have some nice stuff. I have an awesome TV and drive a nice car and live in a nice apartment, but I'd much rather spend my money on experiences. Nobody wants to hear stories about what you have, they want to know about what you've done.
    See, I think seeing Hamilton is more of a “what you have” than “what you’ve done.”

It’s not like you participated in anything. You just sat in a dark room and watched a musical. What kind of story is involved there other than describing the plot of the musical? Just kind of comes off as bragging really.

“Oh you haven’t seen Hamilton yet? Oh no, I’m so sorry. It’s amaaaaazing. He rhymed “kissin it with cabinet!”
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 03-15-2018 at 04:46 PM.

You do you, brah.
    I seem to have really struck a nerve on this with people.

I didn’t say “people that do this have very low IQ” I said “it makes me question their IQ”

There’s a difference, whether you acknowledge it or not.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 03-15-2018 at 04:58 PM.

See, I think seeing Hamilton is more of a “what you have” than “what you’ve done.”

It’s not like you participated in anything. You just sat in a dark room and watched a musical. What kind of story is involved there other than describing the plot of the musical? Just kind of comes off as bragging really.

“Oh you haven’t seen Hamilton yet? Oh no, I’m so sorry. It’s amaaaaazing. He rhymed “kissin it with cabinet!”
    I do think you participate in theater. Was on I stage? No of course not. Hamilton does a fantastic job at changing tone and emotion and you do really feel it when you are in the room. It is elevated by the people around you also experiencing it with you and by the actors playing off the crowd's reaction. What makes it amazing, is that you aren't just sitting in a dark room watching something happen. You are experiencing something unique even though it's a situation you thought you'd be familiar with. What also makes it amazing is I get to brag to my friends that don't have as much money as I do and sound like a huge dick while I see how many likes I got on Instagram of the picture of the Playbill. But it's really more of the first thing I said.

25. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-20-2018),Redsfaithful (03-15-2018)

Turn Off Ads?