Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hamilton coming to Cincinnati in 2019

Re: Hamilton coming to Cincinnati in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Oh. And I’ll say this. I paid $450 for 2 tickets to see Paul McCartney at US Bank Arena. We sat about a Jose Peraza to Joey Votto throw from Paul and that show was the highlight of my last 40 years. It was everything I ever wanted and more. I told my wife “I can die now”. I would have paid double or triple for the tickets.
    This is really true - when it's worth it for you, it's worth it. I am pretty frugal, but there are times you have to go for it.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    This is really true - when it's worth it for you, it's worth it. I am pretty frugal, but there are times you have to go for it.
    Agreed. To a point, of course. Don't take out a second mortgage for an experience. But, if it's financially viable, it's often worth it. I'm in Arizona, for example - there's next to no chance I'm making enough money on this trip from the coverage I get out here to recoup what I spent to get here, stay here, and get back home. Now, I'm not saying this is an "experience" for me. It's not. This is absolutely work. I leave the hotel at 930am every day, and I'm at the ballpark until about 11:45 when the morning workouts end, then I go to Subway, grab a sandwich, and head back to the ballpark and then I'm there again from 12:15-4pm. Then I hit the hotel and work for probably the next 4-6 hours depending on what it is that I've got to do. But, I treat Arizona as something more than just "reporting". It's a place where I'm able to develop relationships, network with people, meet new people, catch up with players that I won't see until mid-season (the guys that will be in Florida). Maybe because of all of that stuff, in the long run over the course of the year I do actually recoup the money from the trip. It's honestly impossible to know. But I do know that the content I produce while in Arizona, and because of stuff I see in Arizona, it doesn't come close to bringing back it's value. But, it's still worth it to me.

4. Likes:

Redsfaithful (03-20-2018),Roy Tucker (03-20-2018)

Just be careful; I heard a story about a guy who thought he was buying premium tickets for the musical, but when he got to the theater it turned out to be an adaptation of Win a Date With Tad Hamilton instead.

That was one disappointing evening.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

6. Likes:

Raisor (03-21-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Just be careful; I heard a story about a guy who thought he was buying premium tickets for the musical, but when he got to the theater it turned out to be an adaptation of Win a Date With Tad Hamilton instead.

That was one disappointing evening.
    Well, I know what I'm watching after I finish this Hunter Greene video.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Oh. And I’ll say this. I paid $450 for 2 tickets to see Paul McCartney at US Bank Arena. We sat about a Jose Peraza to Joey Votto throw from Paul and that show was the highlight of my last 40 years. It was everything I ever wanted and more. I told my wife “I can die now”. I would have paid double or triple for the tickets.
    I paid over two hundred for two McCartney tickets in 2013. Didn't regret it a bit. Also have paid over $150 for two tickets to see Elton John in September in DC. I don't think I will regret that either.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I did not watch Win a Date with Tad Hamilton last night. But only because it wasn't available on any of the places I subscribe to, and I really didn't want to rent it because I knew I'd fall asleep before it was over. #frugal

Turn Off Ads?