Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: NCAA Tournament Day 2

Re: NCAA Tournament Day 2

UMBC lost to Albany 83-39 earlier this year.

UVA now has the two biggest upsets. Tonight and against Chaminade in the 80's.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-17-2018),Roy Tucker (03-17-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

This was the first time all year Virginia gave up over 70 points in a game

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post

Never thought of that, true.

Sunday's Schedule is out

Buler Purdue 12:10 PM ET CBS
    Syracuse Michigan State 2:40 PM ET CBS
    Texas A&M North Carolina 5:15 PM ET CBS
    Nevada Cincinnati 6:10 PM ET TNT
    Clemson Auburn 7:10 PM ET TBS
    UMBC Kansas State 7:45 PM ET TruTv
    Xavier Florida State 8:40 PM ET TNT
    Marshall West Virginia 9:40 PM ET TBS

7. Likes:

redhawkfish (03-17-2018),reds1869 (03-17-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Powel Crosley View Post
    Unbelievable. UMBC was playing so fast that it completely disoriented UVA's defense. A door has been opened for UC, I just hope we don't slip up before then.
    538's predictions give UC a 40% chance of making the final four. If it is to happen, this is the year.

Kentucky was the biggest winner over the last two days. They suddenly have next to no resistance to advance to the Elite Eight.

As a UC fan, the chance to knock off UK and X in consecutive rounds would be worth as much to me as a national championship.

UC and X play back-to-back in Nashville on Sunday. Think there will be a few fans in that building rooting against their cross-town neighbors?
    Last edited by paintmered; 03-17-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    538's predictions give UC a 40% chance of making the final four. If it is to happen, this is the year.

Kentucky was the biggest winner over the last two days. They suddenly have next to no resistance to advance to the Elite Eight.

As a UC fan, the chance to knock off UK and X in consecutive rounds would be worth as much to me as a national championship.
    With the way this tournament has gone, I don’t know what to think anymore. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if Kentucky lost to Buffalo today.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-17-2018)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    With the way this tournament has gone, I don’t know what to think anymore. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if Kentucky lost to Buffalo today.
    I think most of us thought this was gonna be a strange year. And it has been.

Not only was UVA a #1 seed, they were the top #1 seed.

That’s why they play the games.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-17-2018)

Glad I stayed up late to watch the 2nd half of UMBC. It was otherworldly. Their PG is basically built like my 14 year old daughter + about 15 pounds. Maybe.

Daytripped to Nashville to watch the GSU - UC game. It was a good game for about 34 minutes. In the end, GSU couldn't knock down / finish some good looks in the first half or find a way to neutralize the UC size inside. Sunbelt is a conference that in any given year it's a tossup as to which one of the top 4 teams will get hot in the conference tourney and clinch the autobid. Louisiana Lafayette was the top team this season but lost in the conference semis. I'm all in favor of rethinking the tournament selection so that a team like Louisiana Lafayette (or Middle Tennessee State or...) gets into the tourney instead of yet another middle of the road team from a power conference.

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-17-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post

Also dropped two key games in NC State's improbable run in 1983 (ACC final and in the Elite Eight).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

17. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-17-2018),cumberlandreds (03-17-2018),Revering4Blue (03-17-2018)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Also dropped two key games in NC State's improbable run in 1983 (ACC final and in the Elite Eight).
    And then reached the Final Four in '84, without then-NBA rookie, Ralph Sampson, falling to National runner-up, Houston, in a game that (in the estimation of many) should have taken place the year before.

'84 was also the first season in which a Coach K-led team reached the NCAAs. IIRC, Duke lost in the opening round round ("only" around 52 teams qualified then) to Washington.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

19. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-17-2018)

Turn Off Ads?