Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NCAA Tournament Day 4

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: NCAA Tournament Day 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Quote from 3/16:

If you want to make a killing in Vegas, just bet on Cincinnati teams whenever they are favored. Reds, Bengals, Bearcats, Xavier, it doesn't matter. Xavier actually, has typically been the exception. But last night showed they can fit right in too.
    This is my fault. Until this year I never included Xavier in The Pete Rose Curse on Cincinnati. My best friend talked me into it and I accepted it. So, send your hate letters to me, Xavier fans.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    This is my fault. Until this year I never included Xavier in The Pete Rose Curse on Cincinnati. My best friend talked me into it and I accepted it. So, send your hate letters to me, Xavier fans.
    Should I send this separately from my other hate mail to you, or is it better for there to be a single stream of hate?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    What a day this was! I loved every glorious second of UNC getting beat down by Tex A&M. I kept expecting UNC to make a run in the 2nd half and at least cut the lead to single digits. Never happened.
    Loved the comeback by Nevada too. It's very easy to root any team Mick Cronin coaches. nevada coming from 22 down in the 2nd half had to be close for a record comeback in an NCAA tourney game. You don't see that big of lead blown this time of the year very often.

Didn't see any of the Xavier game. But Wow! Two Cincinnati teams blowing big leads late.

UK has the South region on a platter for them now. They just have to take advantage of it. I don't think it will be easy but if they play like they have the last five games they should win it.
    I’m going with a new Final Four of Kentucky, Duke, Villanova, and Gonzaga.

There is a very real possibility Kentucky plays in the championship game and benefits from being on the opposite side of the Villanova-Duke bracket. Never would have imagined that over a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Should I send this separately from my other hate mail to you, or is it better for there to be a single stream of hate?
    Save it up and send it at all at once, saves on postage.
    Go Gators!

so how do we get rid of this curse?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Pick different teams to root for. Because this curse ain't going anywhere any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Acknowledge that thinking arbitrary elements that happened decades ago have zero effect on what a bunch of athletes do or fail to do.

I don't think Jarrod Cumberland fouled out of yesterday's game because of what a degenerate gambler did over a decade prior to his birth.

9. Likes:

Donder (03-19-2018),RedTeamGo! (03-19-2018),Revering4Blue (03-19-2018)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

11. Likes:

Donder (03-21-2018)

Turn Off Ads?