Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roseanne

Roseanne

It's back and it's still hilarious.

The revival of Roseanne premiered to massive ratings Tuesday night.

The return delivered an incredible 18.2 million viewers along with an equally impressive 5.1 rating among adults 18-49.

According to ABC, this is the highest-rated comedy telecast on any network in nearly four years (since a premiere episode of CBS’ The Big Bang Theory from 2014).

In the adult demo, it also trumps Sunday’s blockbuster 60 Minutes episode which featured an interview with Stormy Daniels.

Also kinda incredible, given how ratings have declined over the years: Roseanne’s return was actually higher among total viewers than its 1997 finale 21 years ago!

A couple other data points: This is Tuesday’s highest-rated entertainment telecast in six years among young adults and ABC’s best results in the time slot since 2006.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Roseanne

The first episode was really bad. Worst part was watching the cast read their lines from cue cards.

The second episode was better.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I loved all of it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

We are now one step closer to them bringing back Dinosaurs. Which, looking back: HOW DID THAT LAST 65 EPISODES?!

6. Likes:

dabvu2498 (03-29-2018),Dom Heffner (03-29-2018)

I thought the second episode was better than the first. The first felt very forced, but I cut it some slack since it had a lot of foundation to lay in re-introducing everyone after 20 years.

Also, I know this isn't a political thread, but I thought it was interesting that Trump called Roseanne to congratulate her on the ratings. I did not think that Trump-supporters came across well in either of those episodes.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I did not think that Trump-supporters came across well in either of those episodes.
    I'm not sure "coming across well" is a concern for them.

9. Likes:

bounty37h (04-17-2018),Chip R (03-30-2018)

What I liked about it was that’s it provided real debate, reflecting many different opinions, not just one view. It reminded me of “All In The Family,” my favorite show of all time.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    What I liked about it was that’s it provided real debate, reflecting many different opinions, not just one view. It reminded me of “All In The Family,” my favorite show of all time.
    I enjoyed the show, but it portrayed Jackie as a lunatic and Rosanne as the level headed voter. At the end of their debate Jackie apologized, Roseanne accepted her apology, and Jackie said “thank you.”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I enjoyed the show, but it portrayed Jackie as a lunatic and Rosanne as the level headed voter. At the end of their debate Jackie apologized, Roseanne accepted her apology, and Jackie said “thank you.”
    Regardless of how you land on these topics, I do think solid points were made on both sides. I’m guessing some people saw it the other way than you did. For the record, in real life, Rosanne is a Trump supporter, which explains the ending.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Regardless of how you land on these topics, I do think solid points were made on both sides. I’m guessing some people saw it the other way than you did. For the record, in real life, Rosanne is a Trump supporter, which explains the ending.
    I am not even remotely a Trump supporter and that is how I saw it. Jackie was acting hysterical and roseanne calmly said “because of jobs, Jackie.”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I am not even remotely a Trump supporter and that is how I saw it. Jackie was acting hysterical and roseanne calmly said “because of jobs, Jackie.”
    I didn't see it that way. That was Jackie's character all along. I saw it as Roseanne coming across simplistic, stubborn, and bullying.

It's just ok and reminds me why I stopped watching it in the first place.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    We are now one step closer to them bringing back Dinosaurs. Which, looking back: HOW DID THAT LAST 65 EPISODES?!
    You mean ONLY 65 episodes? Because that show was awesome!

17. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-05-2018),dougdirt (04-05-2018),marcshoe (04-05-2018),texasdave (04-05-2018),TRF (04-05-2018)

I mean, every single other thing on TV goes the other way. Hopefully they'll just avoid politics for the most part.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You mean ONLY 65 episodes? Because that show was awesome!
    Yes. That is what I meant.

Turn Off Ads?