Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sling TV: FS Ohio

Sling TV: FS Ohio

Hi everyone! Been a long time since I've posted. Hope Y'all are well!

Quick Question: Does anyone have Sling TV and have access to FS Ohio? I was wondering if it was worth the cost. I don't have cable/dish, but still, want access to watching our favorite team. I live in Beavercreek now so the MLB.TV blackout restrictions still apply I assume? If there's a better way to watch the games, please let me know!!

Thanks!
    FF04

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sling TV: FS Ohio

sling does it. I'm not in the creek, but I could walk there from my home.
    Of course MLBTV has the condensed games after the game is over.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

4. Likes:

forfreelin04 (04-04-2018)

Yep that's what we have. Works pretty well to see the games. And there are a few other things the rest of the family can use on that plan..

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Hi everyone! Been a long time since I've posted. Hope Y'all are well!

Quick Question: Does anyone have Sling TV and have access to FS Ohio? I was wondering if it was worth the cost. I don't have cable/dish, but still, want access to watching our favorite team. I live in Beavercreek now so the MLB.TV blackout restrictions still apply I assume? If there's a better way to watch the games, please let me know!!

Thanks!
    FF04
    I do. It's around $25 a month so being able to watch the Reds games and other programming is worth it. The only nit I have is it buffers sometimes like you were watching it on a computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

7. Likes:

forfreelin04 (04-05-2018)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Yea, I tried it for the first week of the season and the buffering was awful. I've never had problems on any other streaming app. I use Playstation Vue. It's $45/month but with way more channels and much better quality.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

9. Likes:

I've got it and it works great. The buffering seems to be more of an ISP issue. I don't have that issue at all on my LG smart TV. I do when I use Sling on Chromecast in my basement while I workout. Of the streaming platforms I don't think youll be able to get a cheaper package from the competitors if you're only interested in getting it because of the Reds. However, if you are interested in going this route then you need to do your due diligence on what the different streaming services provide channel wise.

Last time I looked I personally came away thinking HuluTV was the best overall value. But again...everyone has different wants/needs from their programming lineup.

As long as I can watch Kentucky/Bengals/Reds I'm a happy camper.

11. Likes:

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Yea, I tried it for the first week of the season and the buffering was awful. I've never had problems on any other streaming app. I use Playstation Vue. It's $45/month but with way more channels and much better quality.
    I've had both sling and PS Vue. I've had a few more buffering issues with PS Vue than Sling, and it's not about my internet (I've got 230 MbPS speeds here) - but, it's been very, very minimal and doesn't come up with any sort of frequency. Vue is certainly a way better deal for what you get IMO, but if you're only really looking to add FS Ohio for the Reds games, then I'd absolutely go with Sling because you can get that deal at a lower premium.

I'd also add that Spectrum has been mailing me a few things lately about a sort of standalone package they are offering where you get to pick like 10 channels, plus your locals, for $20 a month as a streaming service. If Spectrum is your cable provider in the area, you may want to look into that, too. It's a little cheaper. Just some food for thought.

13. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I have Playstation Vue for the 45.00 as well. I also have the Fox sports Go app on my Roku. In general I love it but if there is a Columbus Blue Jackets game on both Vue and the Fox app will show the Blue Jackets game even though it clearly says it should be showing the Reds. Not really sure if there is anyone in particular I can complain to. I live in Trenton about 35-40 minutes north of Cincy.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    I have Playstation Vue for the 45.00 as well. I also have the Fox sports Go app on my Roku. In general I love it but if there is a Columbus Blue Jackets game on both Vue and the Fox app will show the Blue Jackets game even though it clearly says it should be showing the Reds. Not really sure if there is anyone in particular I can complain to. I live in Trenton about 35-40 minutes north of Cincy.
    Are you talking about the Blue Jackets game showing up on the FS App, or Vue? Vue has been wonky for me in terms of showing the Reds game on the channel it says. It's been shown on the FSO Alternate channel instead of FSO, but it's been there.

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    I have this same issue on PS Vue. I believe they have the descriptions for what's airing on FSOH and FSOH (alternate) flip flopped. I watched the Reds game last night on the channel supposedly showing the hockey game.

Turn Off Ads?