Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ibandel Isabel

Re: Ibandel Isabel

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    .406 average over last 10 games.
    after today, up to .452....he was 2 of 4 with a HR and course a strike out on Sunday.

2. Likes:

fondfoat (08-05-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Something tells me that Isabel is one of those guys who will go to Korea and become a big star over there. I share the skepticism of his ability to hit in the big leagues, but someplace where the top level pitching isn't as good should see him performing like he is now and he'll make a lot of money there I'd guess.

Even if he hits, there is no future in Cincy with Votto locked up for four more years. If the Reds add him to the roster, it would be simply to trade him and I'd guess that won't happen. He'll leave as a minor league FA and sign somewhere else with a better opportunity. I'm guessing that's not in the US.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Something tells me that Isabel is one of those guys who will go to Korea and become a big star over there. I share the skepticism of his ability to hit in the big leagues, but someplace where the top level pitching isn't as good should see him performing like he is now and he'll make a lot of money there I'd guess.

Even if he hits, there is no future in Cincy with Votto locked up for four more years. If the Reds add him to the roster, it would be simply to trade him and I'd guess that won't happen. He'll leave as a minor league FA and sign somewhere else with a better opportunity. I'm guessing that's not in the US.
    So long as we get a full year of this guy at AAA in Louisville with the juiced balls before he moves on.

6. Likes:

BillDoran (08-05-2019),mace (08-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think it is unlikely, but there is a world where this guy gets his shot and mashes the ball with a solid average......and forces the Reds to do something that is hard to imagine today. I have no idea how the guy is with the glove, but would it be impossible for him to learn a corner outfield position enough to get on the field?

Step 1: Have Donnie Ecker teach Isabel the Aquino batting stance.

Step 2: ??

Step 3: Aquino and Isabel, the Dominican Bash Brothers, lead the Reds to multiple World Series championships.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

BillDoran (08-14-2019),Edd Roush (08-13-2019),Patrick Bateman (08-21-2019),Rece Tyler (08-29-2019),Redsfan6272 (08-30-2019),Rolando (08-13-2019),Spanky (08-13-2019),Stingray (08-19-2019),TRF (08-19-2019),tripleaaaron (09-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Step 3: Aquino and Isabel, the Dominican Bash Brothers, lead the Reds to multiple World Series championships.
    Simple enough.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

11. Likes:

Rolando (08-13-2019),Tom Servo (08-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Love it

Chattanooga Lookouts
    @ChattLookouts

Ibandel Isabel named 2019 @SLeagueBaseball All-Star! Despite playing only 91 games, Isabel still leads the Southern League in home runs.

14. Likes:

Rece Tyler (08-29-2019)

They're going to love him in Korea.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

He's eligible for free agency after the season, so this might be the last chance to enjoy him with the Reds organization.

Turn Off Ads?