Name 4 Horrible Films

Go!

Gymkata
    Battlefield Earth
    Gigli
    Catwoman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Name 4 Horrible Films

Almost everything with Nicolas Cage in it.

Pretty much everything with Adam Sandler.

They call me "chef"

The only movie I care enough about to call 'horrible' with conviction is The Master.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    The only movie I care enough about to call 'horrible' with conviction is The Master.
    Every once in awhile I'll get an inkling to watch that movie. And then I think to myself "why?" It really doesn't provide anything new upon additional viewings. The only worthwhile reason to watch it is PSH.

Manchester by the Sea was a snooze fest.
    Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace was awful
    Blame it on Rio, even with Demi Moore showing lots of skin, is unwatchable
    Showgirls was terrible, although I know a couple women who really enjoy it for some reason
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Phantom Menace was not awful, you haven't seen enough movies if you thought that was awful.

Salt & Fire
    Aloha
    Double Team
    Movie 43
    Crossroads
    Are We Done Yet
    Day of the Dead: Bloodline
    Rollerball
    Starship Troopers 3
    Meet the Spartans
    Barb Wire
    In the Army Now
    Ghost Dad

etc...

....now those were awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Phantom Menace was not awful, you haven't seen enough movies if you thought that was awful.

Salt & Fire
    Aloha
    Double Team
    Movie 43
    Crossroads
    Are We Done Yet
    Day of the Dead: Bloodline
    Rollerball
    Starship Troopers 3
    Meet the Spartans
    Barb Wire
    In the Army Now
    Ghost Dad

etc...

....now those were awful.
    Well, you're right in that I'm somewhat discerning when it comes to what movies I will subject myself to. Usually has to have a name actor or director, or a high rating on Rotten Tomatoes, something like that, before I'll seriously consider it. And the ones that I do watch that are awful, I forget about them quickly.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Nearly all of those movies had at least one extremely famous actor in them.

The Battle for Endor was worse than Phantom Menace as far as Star Wars movies go, granted it was a made for tv movie.

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
    That movie with Will Smith and his son.

I haven't seen any really bad ones recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I've seen over 3,000 films, if you want a recommendation just ask. Movies were one of my many careers.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Every once in awhile I'll get an inkling to watch that movie. And then I think to myself "why?" It really doesn't provide anything new upon additional viewings. The only worthwhile reason to watch it is PSH.

Manchester by the Sea was a snooze fest.
    Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace was awful
    Blame it on Rio, even with Demi Moore showing lots of skin, is unwatchable
    Showgirls was terrible, although I know a couple women who really enjoy it for some reason
    I'd like to update my list to include Manchester by the Sea.

12. Likes:

WrongVerb (04-18-2018)

Only movies I've seen and remember:

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (I didn't choose this; friends did)
    The Mummy (Brendon Fraser)
    Transformers (I've only seen the first one)
    Gone With the Wind

I'm not including enjoyably bad movies, such as Roadhouse, movies that were just boring, such as Mission Impossible 2, or movies that left a bad taste because of a plot decision, such as Mission Impossible 1. These are movies that simply repelled me.

And I'm sure I'm leaving out something obvious.

This is too easy, no way to pick just four.

I’m going to pick movies that were nominated for an Oscar, that are terrible. Four from when there were only five nominations per yesr, and four from 2009 on, when there were up to ten nominations per year.

Pre-2009

Cleopatra
    Love Story
    Crash (which unbelievably won)
    There Will Be Blood

Post-2009

The Help
    Tree of Life
    Boyhood
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I don't see that many bad movies because I don't have time to see the movies I'm pretty sure I'm going to love.

Movies that I really loathed (I'm going to go more than four):

Anomalisa - I truly hated this movie so much

Sideways - sometimes I wonder if I didn't get this because I was in my early 20's when I saw it and couldn't relate. Possible I could more now.

I had to see a Transformers movie for convoluted reasons, and that was aggressively dumb. I'm not against fun blockbusters as a concept, but they can be made well, or they can be made as an insult to the audience, and this was the latter. I can't even remember which one I saw.

The Lobster - I hated everyone in this movie so much. There's a particular scene in it that jumped it from bad movie to making me legitimately angry I had wasted life on it.

The Boondock Saints - I can't figure out the love for this - I kind of think maybe the people who love this movie haven't seen many movies. I would say more, but a lot of people love this movie, and I don't like insulting people's tastes.

The Fountain - Another one where I was younger, so I'm not sure if I just wasn't at a place in my life yet to appreciate it or not.

Upstream Color - You can get opaque with plot to the point it's detrimental.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Mean Streets
    Serpico
    Fast and the Furious
    Anchorman
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Sideways - sometimes I wonder if I didn't get this because I was in my early 20's when I saw it and couldn't relate. Possible I could more now.
    It would be worth another look. Then again, maybe I connect to it because I live so close to wine country. I will say this: I didn't get The Godfather until I was about 30 years old. Now it's in my desert island top 5.

Turn Off Ads?