Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Name 4 Horrible Films

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Name 4 Horrible Films

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    American Beauty aged horribly in just about every way a movie could age badly.
    Things that are controversial do sometimes-when you see it, you think "Wow, that was thought provoking." Twenty years later, it is creepy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Dumb and Dumberer (still the only time I've ever walked out of a theater)
    Arthur (the Russell Brand remake)
    Man of Steel
    Jurassic World

(Too easy to pick the Star Wars prequels after everybody else has harped on them, but they're unwatchable.)
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Going Overboard (I like some Adam Sandler flicks, some I abhor; this one takes the cake on the bad side. I get that they are mostly cheesy at best, but there is 0 redeeming quality for this film)
    Lady in the Water (How quickly his star burnt out)
    Wes Anderson movies (I just don't get them, they mostly all bore me; perhaps that's on me. Royal was OK, Fantastic Mr Fox was terrible, Grande Budapest board me, perhaps I missed the entertaining ones)
    Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story.
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I don't see that many bad movies because I don't have time to see the movies I'm pretty sure I'm going to love.

The Lobster - I hated everyone in this movie so much. There's a particular scene in it that jumped it from bad movie to making me legitimately angry I had wasted life on it.

I'm mad at myself for not having that on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Worst movie I have seen in a theater is easily "Pet Semetary". Paws down, not even close.
    You'll be happy to hear that they are now remaking it.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Wes Anderson movies (I just don't get them, they mostly all bore me; perhaps that's on me. Royal was OK, Fantastic Mr Fox was terrible, Grande Budapest board me, perhaps I missed the entertaining ones)
    Walk Hard is probably my choice for most underrated comedy of all-time. Wes Anderson does his own thing and it's beautiful. To each their own!

8. Likes:

ochoa30 (04-30-2018)

Going Overboard (I like some Adam Sandler flicks, some I abhor; this one takes the cake on the bad side. I get that they are mostly cheesy at best, but there is 0 redeeming quality for this film)
    Lady in the Water (How quickly his star burnt out)
    If you haven’t seen Rushmore you should check it out.

I absolutely love The Life Aquatic
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    You'll be happy to hear that they are now remaking it.
    Just take a print of the original film and bury it in the cemetery and wait.

They call me "chef"

Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and Royal Tenenbaums are the Mount Rushmore of Wes Anderson movies for me. If I had to make a case for him, I'd have you check those 3 out.

The Life Aquatic is a really quirky, inventive, yet somehow drab slog. Sometimes, I really love it and sometimes I feel like I'm back in my community college film class being forced to watch these drab, boring European art films. It's very flawed and over the top but, again, I love it sometimes.

The Darjeeling Limited is mediocre and probably the closest Wes Anderson has been to ending his own career. It has a problematic premise about 3 white dudes traveling through a quirky India that is there to help them discover their brotherhood again and it doesn't really do much overall.

Fantastic Mr. Fox, which you say you hated, is really good and one of Anderson's highlights, IMO. The stop motion is beautiful. It is very precious though as far as dialogue and humor, so I get why someone not going in ready for Wes Anderson ironic detachment would be confused or turned off.

Moonrise Kingdom and Grand Budapest Hotel are mediocre for me, which deviates from the general public's take. They're like when your favorite band signs a major label deal and releases a really slick version of their previous albums with less depth and it gets wild success. You think "Why aren't people this hyped about their earlier releases that were better versions of this?" Good for Anderson though. He seemed in a rut and like his early hype was losing steam and he released two cute movies that people really like and extended his career.

Isle of Dogs is another Anderson career highlight for me. Beautiful stop motion and a simple story that plays out on its own small terms. I do recognize that it reduces the Japanese culture to wallpaper and window dressing through some dumb choices though. The foreign exchange student character was the worst for me. She did not have to be an exchange student or American/white for the story to work. I'm also wondering why this had to be set in Japan when all the main characters were decidedly not informed by being in Japan. It could have taken place off the coast of New York City and still had the bit of the dogs not understanding English and the city being in love with cats and harboring a corruption secret, etc etc. All that said, it was a visually great movie and, if you're on board for what Wes Anderson does with characters and disaffected dialogue/humor, this delivered. I don't begrudge anyone that dislikes this movie though as I totally understand how precious and annoying it is.

The Fountain
    Signs
    Notting Hill
    The Piano

13. Likes:

757690 (04-19-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Notting Hill
    I love Notting Hill! It is one of my favorite movies to fall asleep to. That is not an insult but an acknowledgement that I have seen it so many times that I can put the DVD on and fall asleep by the time he gets to his house and yells "Spike!"

In the Heart of the Sea is turrible.
    The third Divergent movie is turrible.
    And then the trio of Kevin Costner movies that essentially ended his career as a big-time actor: Robin Hood, Waterworld, and The Postman.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Smokey and the Bandit 3. My head hurt after watching it.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    The third Divergent movie is turrible.
    Ew, did you watch the other two as well?

18. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-19-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Yes.

The Phantom Menace, and really, all 3 of the prequels are among the worse films ever made.

Truly, truly, terrible cinema. There are moments where you cringe, the acting is awful, the direction is atrocious...George Lucas should be ashamed. "This is a movie for 12 year old boys." Don't insult 12 year old boys....
    I'll take the 3 prequels over the 2 (likely 3) sequels.

At least those were original ideas, Disney just regurgitates.

Turn Off Ads?