Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Name 4 Horrible Films

Re: Name 4 Horrible Films

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I'll take the 3 prequels over the 2 (likely 3) sequels.

At least those were original ideas, Disney just regurgitates.
    I don’t think we should ruin this thread, so, let’s just all agree to disagree
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

klw (04-19-2018),Larry Schuler (04-19-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t think we should ruin this thread, so, let’s just all agree to disagree
    I was very young when the prequels came out but I somehow avoided any nostalgic appreciation for them. They are bad bad bad. A part of me wonders if many folks in the ~35 and under range might have a soft spot for seeing those movies in their teens or younger. Flash forward, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but the JJ sequel is inoffensive and fine and the Johnson sequel is as pretty interesting a deconstruction as you can make at Disney studios. I am a fan.

5. Likes:

marcshoe (04-19-2018),RedTeamGo! (04-19-2018)

Sword of the Valiant. Sean Connery has a penchant for being in truly bad films. Which brings me to...

Highlander II: The Quickening. This movie was so bad, the series ignored it as cannon. NEXT!

First Knight. A septuagenarian marries a young woman and wonders why she might leave him for Richard Gere at the height of him having good hair.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. It's only saving grace was a fantastic villain.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Sword of the Valiant. Sean Connery has a penchant for being in truly bad films. Which brings me to...

Highlander II: The Quickening. This movie was so bad, the series ignored it as cannon. NEXT!

First Knight. A septuagenarian marries a young woman and wonders why she might leave him for Richard Gere at the height of him having good hair.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. It's only saving grace was a fantastic villain.
    I’m going to disagree with Highlander 2.

Now, before you say I have really bad taste, let me explain.

That movie is soooo bad it’s kind of amazing. It’s one of the best examples of “how did this get made?” in movie history.

I’ve seen it multiple times and every time I come away with it even more amazed that it exists.

It is absolutely a terrible movie, but it is so terrible it is quite memorable, interesting, and thought provoking. I honestly hope someone makes a documentary about it.

8. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-19-2018),TRF (04-23-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I love Notting Hill! It is one of my favorite movies to fall asleep to. That is not an insult but an acknowledgement that I have seen it so many times that I can put the DVD on and fall asleep by the time he gets to his house and yells "Spike!"
    I am certainly fine with many “chick flicks” but I just hate that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    American Beauty aged horribly in just about every way a movie could age badly.
    I didn't like it at the time. Struck me as fake profound nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

If you haven’t seen Rushmore you should check it out.
    All the characters were talking about how odd and wonderful the lead was. Why? Because he joined a bunch of clubs? I found it pretty boring.
    Last edited by Rojo; 04-19-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Phantom Menace is terrible, but if you’re going to pick a Star Wars movie for this list, it has to be Attack of the Clones. Far worse than Phantom Menace.
    Don't agree. Phantom Menace was just boring. Attack had a middle section where Obi Wan finds the clone-making planet and has a fight with Boba Fett. That sequence unfolded like a noir film and worked well.

Lucas was at least ambitious with the prequels. The CGI sucked, the dialogue was hokey and the acting terrible (guys can't bring themselves to admit that Natalie Portman was awful.)

But I like the story arc.

I'll add Inception. I couldn't follow it. You shouldn't have to work hard to follow a plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I didn't like it at the time. Struck me as fake profound nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

All the characters were talking about how odd and wonderful the lead was. Why? Because he joined a bunch of clubs? I found it pretty boring.
    Hmm, that’s not what I got out of Rushmore at all, but that’s ok.

My bottom four movie experiences:

4. The Bachelor- A romcom has to be pretty bad for my wife to walk out on it. This Chris O’Donnell/Renee Zellwegger film is that bad.

3. American Beauty- Every adult in this movie is clueless and/or venal, while every teenager is noble and insightful. Pretty much like real life, right?

2. Can’t Stop The Music- I didn’t actually see this on the big screen; I saw it on TV but I have to mention it because it’s just so...incredibly...awful. Starring those noted actors, Bruce Jenner and The Village People.

1. Caligula- Back in my younger, more hormonal days, a buddy and I paid actual money to see this sex flick produced under the auspices of Penthouse magazine. We unfortunately didn’t realize, that in order for it to get an “R” rating and play in mainstream movie houses, the version that we saw had all the sex scenes edited out. The result made absolutely zero sense. We walked out and snuck across the multiplex to see “Richard Pryor Live On The Sunset Strip”. Talk about going from the ridiculous to the sublime!
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

They call me "chef"

Hmm, that’s not what I got out of Rushmore at all, but that’s ok.
    Makes me think of the scene in Bottle Rocket where Luke Wilson says, about his kid sister, "What's she done with her life that's so great?"

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-19-2018)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Any M. Night Shyamalan movie after The Sixth Sense.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Unbreakable and Split are both pretty good.

19. Likes:

Larry Schuler (04-19-2018),ochoa30 (04-30-2018)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I feel like this joke has probably been made already but:

The twist is that he was a bad director the whole time!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The Fountain - Another one where I was younger, so I'm not sure if I just wasn't at a place in my life yet to appreciate it or not.
    Years ago I tried to watch this movie - and couldn't. It was torturous for me (LOL). Tedious and confusing. As much I as like DiCaprio, one of my favorites, I felt the exact same way trying to watch Inception. Wouldn't be on my worst movie list though. It was just hard to follow, too much going on, too much to try and take in.

Some of my worst movies (besides pretty much anything Keanu Reeves is in) ....

Bill Jack .... the acting was so horrific it was laughable
    Brannigan ..... Biiiig JW fan, but this was simply a terrible attempt to "compete" with Eastwood in the early 70's when the DH movies were popular.
    Public Enemies .... I'm not much of a Depp fan to begin with. Playing characters like Jack Sparrow, Willy, and the Mad Hatter (off the wall stuff) is more his forte then playing straight roles (Dillinger). Secret Window, IMO, was one of his best.
    Howard the Duck .... and yes it was!
    Last edited by GAC; 04-20-2018 at 04:19 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?