Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Name Some Underrated Movies

Re: Name Some Underrated Movies

The Golden Child (5.9)
    Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (6.6) it's .1 over the limit, but I still think it is underrated.
    The 13th Warrior (6.6) again, .1 over, but so very underrated.
    Hulk - 2003 (5.7) Ang Lee screwed up soooo much about this movie, except one thing. Eric Bana as Banner was fantastic. He had the rage and the reason for the rage down, something less delved into in the subsequent movies.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (6.6) it's .1 over the limit, but I still think it is underrated.
    This is a fun watch, and worth revisiting. I actually got to spend some time in Savannah earlier in this decade and went to one of the late Lady Chablis' shows. She was a lot of fun. And honestly, while he essentially plays the same character in every film, there's not many John Cusack movies where you can go wrong.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Forget the Searchers !!!!!!
    But Liberty Valance is better.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I'm very upset at myself right now because the other night, at 4am, in Louisville's sweet hotel district, I had a movie in mind to add to this, and for the life of me I can't remember what it was. And it's been eating at me for two days now.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I'm very upset at myself right now because the other night, at 4am, in Louisville's sweet hotel district, I had a movie in mind to add to this, and for the life of me I can't remember what it was. And it's been eating at me for two days now.
    Night of the Living Dead?

Looking over my IMDB ratings, here are a few that I've rated higher that fit the criteria:

Suicide Squad
    Billy Madison (Henry IV Part Sandler)
    Burnt Offerings (genuinely scary horror with Oliver Reed, Karen Black, Bette Davis, Burgess Meridith, etc, criminally 6.5 on IMDB)
    Mama
    King Arthur (Clive Owen, Keira Knightly)
    Darkman

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Troll 2. The best, worst movie ever. I have never laughed so hard in my entire life.

If you make it past Sheriff Gene Freak without laughing, check your pulse.

And the best part is that it was not supposed to be the slightest bit funny. To this day the director stands behind it as a wonderful film.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Screamers (6.4)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

moar

Hot Tub Time Machine (6.4)
    The Ice Harvest (6.3)
    Get Him to the Greek (6.3)
    Funny People (6.3)
    Femme Fatale (6.3)
    Solaris (6.2)
    Killing Them Softly (6.2)
    Mystery Men (6.1)
    The Cable Guy (6.1)
    Vahalla Rising (6.0)
    Eureka (6.0)
    Cosmopolis (5.0)
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-30-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    moar

Hot Tub Time Machine (6.4)
    The Ice Harvest (6.3)
    Get Him to the Greek (6.3)
    Funny People (6.3)
    Femme Fatale (6.3)
    Solaris (6.2)
    Killing Them Softly (6.2)
    Mystery Men (6.1)
    The Cable Guy (6.1)
    Vahalla Rising (6.0)
    Eureka (6.0)
    Cosmopolis (5.0)
    Cosmopolis is interesting if you're in the right frame of mind. But my goodness if it isn't boring the other 95% of the time. It's essentially a guy riding around in a limo for two hours of screen time.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Cosmopolis is interesting if you're in the right frame of mind. But my goodness if it isn't boring the other 95% of the time. It's essentially a guy riding around in a limo for two hours of screen time.
    When I was a teenager, I watched the film Satantango in one sitting. It's 7 1/2 hours long.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 04-30-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I watched the film Satantango in one sitting. It's 7 1/2 hours long.
    Unless you were sitting on a toilet, I don't believe it.

I paused a few times for bathroom breaks and food, so it wasn't exactly 100% continuous, but you could easily get up and leave to go watch another movie, come back, and not really miss any important plot details.

16. Likes:

Boston Red (04-30-2018),WrongVerb (04-30-2018)

When I was a teenager, I watched the film Satantango in one sitting. It's 7 1/2 hours long.
    I remember one New Years Eve as a teenager watching a movie that must have started sometime around midnight and lasted until it was light out. This was on commercial TV so it was broken up by commercials. The story was two knights chasing after one another, cornering each other, then escaping. I have absolutely no idea what it is called or anything that identifies it (other than the plot). But I remember it for the holiday and it lasting forever.

Before IMDb shut down their beloved message boards (damn you, Amazon!), there was a subforum for inquiries like that. I would post the most vague plot descriptions possible, or a random movie still, and somebody would always manage to help me find the movie I was looking for.

Another one:

The Outrage (6.3) with Paul Newman playing a Mexican bandit. It's a remake of Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon. Actually have this on DVD lying around somewhere. First saw it on Turner Classic Movies.

19. Likes:

WrongVerb (04-30-2018)

Turn Off Ads?