Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Carles Gil has put the Phunion on the rack for the first 30 minutes of this game.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Carles Gil has put the Phunion on the rack for the first 30 minutes of this game.
    revs have seized the moment. Now, Protect that lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    revs have seized the moment. Now, Protect that lead.
    They're still attacking. Gil's devouring them.

They're still attacking. Gil's devouring them.
    Well done. Big win. Rest up and prepare for round two,

Well done. Big win. Rest up and prepare for round two,
    To be honest, I don't much care about the Revs when I'm not live at the game. Though I do appreciate Gil. Love the way he plays. They're a much better team when he's in there.

On the first Seattle Goal from Lodeiro, Ruidiaz made a run into the box that six (watch the replay if you don’t believe me) LAFC defenders followed. That left Lodeiro all alone for the pass from Morris. He stuck it well and accurately.

8. Likes:

M2 (11-25-2020)

On the first Seattle Goal from Lodeiro, Ruidiaz made a run into the box that six (watch the replay if you don’t believe me) LAFC defenders followed. That left Lodeiro all alone for the pass from Morris. He stuck it well and accurately.
    Ruidiaz's strike for the 2nd goal was stellar.

The Crew are the highest remaining seed in the East after both Philly and Toronto lost, but they now have an active outbreak ripping through the team. Either they're going to host Nashville on Sunday with a very depleted roster or face a forfeit. There is no opportunity to reschedule the match to a later date.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

The Revs are into the EC finals thanks to the two-headed attack of Carles Gil and Gustavo Bou, and Orlando was kind enough to melt down.

The Revs are into the EC finals thanks to the two-headed attack of Carles Gil and Gustavo Bou, and Orlando was kind enough to melt down.
    Congratulations. Your attacking trident (adding Buchanon to the other two) is in great form. And thanks for dispatching a horrible, cynical squad. I don’t want to see Orlando City play again until they get different players. Nani and Peyera are cynical, ref-baiting jerks. And Orlando’s manager seems to let Nani do and say whatever he likes? He has missed four PKs in the last nine tries. Why let him take any more? Someone on the team must be better that that.

Congratulations. Your attacking trident (adding Buchanon to the other two) is in great form. And thanks for dispatching a horrible, cynical squad. I don’t want to see Orlando City play again until they get different players. Nani and Peyera are cynical, ref-baiting jerks. And Orlando’s manager seems to let Nani do and say whatever he likes? He has missed four PKs in the last nine tries. Why let him take any more? Someone on the team must be better that that.
    Almost everyone is better than that PK rate. Nani's PK attempt in that game was pathetic. And the ref deserves sainthood for not giving him a second yellow for constant verbal abuse. Pereyra's red card was almost comical. He almost pulled out of the challenge (had the time and space to do it), but then stretched with all his might to spike the Revs player as he slid past the ball. It was a nothing play and the extra effort to make sure he committed a straight red offense directly in front of the ref was outstanding. I haven't paid close attention this season, but I'm surprised that team didn't beat itself more often.

New England is a handful right now, almost solely because of Gil. The pass he made on their final goal was sublime. He's playing a different game than everybody else. And good call on Buchanan stepping up in the fullback slot. His overlaps open up all sorts of angles for Gil to play.

14. Likes:

IslandRed (12-01-2020)

Greg Vanney just stepped down as Toronto FC's manager. If the Galaxy aren't figuring out how to get across the border to throw bags of money at him, they are doing it wrong.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Almost everyone is better than that PK rate. Nani's PK attempt in that game was pathetic. And the ref deserves sainthood for not giving him a second yellow for constant verbal abuse. Pereyra's red card was almost comical. He almost pulled out of the challenge (had the time and space to do it), but then stretched with all his might to spike the Revs player as he slid past the ball. It was a nothing play and the extra effort to make sure he committed a straight red offense directly in front of the ref was outstanding. I haven't paid close attention this season, but I'm surprised that team didn't beat itself more often.
    OC was a chippy bunch in normal times, but they lost their heads in the playoffs. More red cards in two playoff games than in the entire season up to that point.

And yes, the fan base wants someone else taking PKs next season. Multiple playoff misses will do that. And they were bad misses, too (not that there's any such thing as a good miss) -- one that forced a shootout to continue with a field player in goal, which they managed to survive, and one that would have brought them level nearing extra time down a man, which they didn't.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

17. Likes:

M2 (12-02-2020)

Minnesota United withstood an early assault by SKC, then dissected them for three goals before halftime. Now it’s on to Seattle where it will be Boca Juniors CMF 2016 (Lodeiro) vrs Boca Juniors CMF 2019 (Reynoso).

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-03-2020),M2 (12-03-2020)

Great Read:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...t-relationship

And then there's Porter vs the Sounders history.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?