Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Season: Playoffs + Hiring/Firing time

2020 NFL Season: Playoffs + Hiring/Firing time

Starting this since the other thread was closed at over 1000 posts.

Rams DC Brandon Staley is now the Chargers' head coach.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...n-staley-coach

Just 5 years ago, he was DC at D-III John Carroll University. Talk about a fast riser!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2020 NFL Season: Playoffs + Hiring/Firing time

If I had to trade in my Bengals fan card right now I’d probably be a Bills fan. Some of their fans are crazy but between this and Andy Dalton it’s awesome to see:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ltimore-ravens
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

4. Likes:

GAC (01-20-2021),WrongVerb (01-18-2021)

I was glad to see Lamar's charity was in Louisville, too. Incredibly nice of Bills fans to help feed hungry kids in Louisville!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

That's a great Bills fans story.

In other news, anyone want to speculate about where Deshaun Watson ends up? I think it'll be Carolina.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If I had to trade in my Bengals fan card right now I’d probably be a Bills fan. Some of their fans are crazy but between this and Andy Dalton it’s awesome to see:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ltimore-ravens
    I was thinking about this for my 7 year old son. I feel bad that I've saddled him with the Bengals and thought about trying to make him a Chiefs or Bills fan, but I know it won't work because he's just going to root for my team, and I unfortunately have Stockholm Syndrome with the Bengals... Both the Bills and Chiefs have young, exciting QBs, and will likely be very fun to be a fan of at least for the next ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    That's a great Bills fans story.

In other news, anyone want to speculate about where Deshaun Watson ends up? I think it'll be Carolina.
    I think he'll end up staying in Houston, but if he were to get traded, I would guess Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I think he'll end up staying in Houston, but if he were to get traded, I would guess Dolphins.
    Miami has the firepower to pull it off but if one team should it’s Denver. Young talent and Watson would push them over the top. They could easily do Lock, a first and third this year and a first next.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Miami has the firepower to pull it off but if one team should it’s Denver. Young talent and Watson would push them over the top. They could easily do Lock, a first and third this year and a first next.
    I don't know why anybody would want Lock though. He's shown nothing to indicate he's better than a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/cdotharrison/sta...629560842?s=10

This was such a weird play. When I saw the replays I thought it looked like his head stopped just short of hitting the ground. Hopefully he's able to get back this week

12. Likes:

Chip R (01-20-2021)

14th Conference Championship game for Brady. Amazing.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I don't know why anybody would want Lock though. He's shown nothing to indicate he's better than a backup.

Tua may not be much better. Higher upside but the bust possibility is very much in play.

Lock would be a Kyle Orton type of QB if you remember the Jay Cutler trade. The picks are the most important part. Miami can go that route but are they willing to do it? If not Denver should be all in.

Another prediction I will make, JJ Watt to the Steelers to finish his career with his brothers.

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-18-2021)

Vita Vea is coming off IR for Tampa Bay this week. If he goes, I highly doubt it would be more than some special situations....but he could make a difference on a 3rd/4th & short. Vea was becoming a monster before he got injured and while Tampa was the #1 Run defense again this season, they were even better with Vea. He takes up a ton of space, and keeps an additional blocker off the linebackers.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Phillip Rivers has retired.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Phillip Rivers has retired.
    Not a surprise. So, another possible team that could trade up in the draft.

It's funny how for the first half of most seasons I struggle to find more than a few teams I can for sure say will be in the QB market in the offseason and that list doubles or even triples by late January/early February.

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Houston, Pittsburgh, Miami, New England, New York Jets, Denver, Las Vegas, Dallas, Washington, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, Carolina, Atlanta, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco are all teams with potential QB issues/needs that could result in changes. A lot of these teams probably won't make any changes. If I had to guess I'd say nothing will change for Pittsburgh, Miami, Denver, Las Vegas, Dallas, Detroit, Carolina, Atlanta, Los Angeles, or San Francisco.

Turn Off Ads?