Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Loons win! Clinch playoffs for the first time in their MLS history (3 yrs). Winning goal was scored in the 90th minute by Hassani Dotson, a MLS rookie with no set position, but four goals this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Gonna be a riot in Portland tonight. Blew a 2-0 lead late in the game.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Unbelievable.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Very poor refereeing. Portland deserved 3 points. PK was very dubious, and it occurred in the 96th minute. Injury time was announced as four minutes. I thought the NE player dove.
    There was a lot of diving in minn- K.C. tonight and many times the referees fell for it, resulting in a soft red card for one of the loons.

Galaxy also won last night and clinched the playoffs. They are currently in the 3 seed, a point behind Minnesota.

Galaxy have Vancouver and @Houston left and Minnesota has LAFC and Seattle left.

Portland still moved up to the 6 seed last night as San Jose lost. Portland and San Jose play on the last day and that could be for the final playoff spot.

Just looking at the remaining schedules I think the West goes:
    LAFC
    Galaxy
    Seattle
    RSL
    Minnesota
    Dallas
    Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Very poor refereeing. Portland deserved 3 points. PK was very dubious, and it occurred in the 96th minute. Injury time was announced as four minutes. I thought the NE player dove.
    The time ran a bit long because Portland did a double-sub in extra time and the ref held the clock. The PK call was soft. Zahibo totally flopped, but he did it to make sure the ref spotted the Portland had a handful of his shirt. If I were a ref, I wouldn't have called it, but I also see why this ref did.

However, the most stunning thing was how many chances the Revs got after Portland went up 2-0. That was a classic case of playing with fire and getting burned.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-27-2019)

The time ran a bit long because Portland did a double-sub in extra time and the ref held the clock. The PK call was soft. Zahibo totally flopped, but he did it to make sure the ref spotted the Portland had a handful of his shirt. If I were a ref, I wouldn't have called it, but I also see why this ref did.

However, the most stunning thing was how many chances the Revs got after Portland went up 2-0. That was a classic case of playing with fire and getting burned.
    I was remiss not to note NE’s “grinta”. Down 2-0, they never quit and worked hard to create a ton of chances. I like their professionalism. Your goalie Turner is really good. Maybe the best in the league. Why hasn’t he played every game for you? It is weird that Freidel took so long in recognizing his talent.
    Last edited by Betterread; 09-27-2019 at 11:40 PM.

10. Likes:

M2 (09-28-2019)

I was remiss not to note NE’s “grinta”. Down 2-0, they never quit and worked hard to create a ton of chances. I like their professionalism. Your goalie Turner is really good. Maybe the best in the league. Why hasn’t he played every game for you? It is weird that Freidel took so long in recognizing his talent.
    Friedel was a disaster of a manager. Shuffling his keepers was one of the least of his sins. Turner is pretty great though. Not sure why he sat Wednesday.

Of the first six games played today, 11 teams failed to score in the first half and the other team has one goal.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Just got back from the Revs clinching a playoff spot against NYCFC. Two quality goals and Matt Turner is Spiderman. Real fun game.

14. Likes:

Yachtzee (09-30-2019)

Crew ended the season with attendance up 19% despite a million things working against them. Should be a healthy season ticket base by the time the new stadium is ready, hopefully with a much better on-field product.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

16. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (09-29-2019),Chip R (10-01-2019),Kingspoint (09-30-2019),Yachtzee (09-30-2019)

Just got back from the Revs clinching a playoff spot against NYCFC. Two quality goals and Matt Turner is Spiderman. Real fun game.
    Congratulations. Who would you rather play, Philadelphia or Atlanta?

Bruce coming in and getting them to the playoffs is a nice story.

The Galaxy choking against the worst team in the league at home and likely losing the 2 seed is just peak Galaxy this season. Cannot figure this team out.

Just saw the end of the galaxy-whitecaps game. The winning goal for the whitecaps came in a counter where two whitecaps ouhustled two galaxy players down the field to play two in on the goalie. A goal was the result.
    It was shameful defending.

Congratulations. Who would you rather play, Philadelphia or Atlanta?
    Philly. Atlanta's team has a higher gear, not to mention 70,000 screaming fans.

Turn Off Ads?