Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Portland with another quality win, this time giving NYCFC their first loss in Yankee Stadium, a 1-0 triumph for Portland. Surprisingly, it was Blanco, and not Fernandez, who scored the only goal. It was the first time that Fernandez has failed to score since appearing for Portland. He had two chances, both hitting the back of the net, one actually being waived off as it was believed to be a goal for a bit. Portland also hit the post in the 2nd half on another shot.

NYCFC had not lost a game since March.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Betterread (07-09-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Portland with another quality win, this time giving NYCFC their first loss in Yankee Stadium, a 1-0 triumph for Portland. Surprisingly, it was Blanco, and not Fernandez, who scored the only goal. It was the first time that Fernandez has failed to score since appearing for Portland. He had two chances, both hitting the back of the net, one actually being waived off as it was believed to be a goal for a bit. Portland also hit the post in the 2nd half on another shot.

NYCFC had not lost a game since March.
    Huge win. If Portland can string together 3 wins/9 points they will be in the middle of the conference playoff hunt. Good luck in the quarters of the Cup vrs LAFC.
    Can you please beat Seattle too? Make it a great July 2019.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Huge win. If Portland can string together 3 wins/9 points they will be in the middle of the conference playoff hunt. Good luck in the quarters of the Cup vrs LAFC.
    Can you please beat Seattle too? Make it a great July 2019.
    Like they've done to e everyone else this season, LAFC crushed Portland the other time they played them, only about five or six games ago. Hoping they can hold them to one or no goals. Probably not scoring more than two against them, so it will have to be a 1-0 or 2-1 win.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Great win. Resourceful goal. Can the Timbers win another cup tie on the road in St. Paul? I am eager to buy tickets for that contest on Aug.7 - 4 days after MnUFC hosts the Timbers in a regular season game. Will the team just stay in Minnesota for 5 days?

Great win. Resourceful goal. Can the Timbers win another cup tie on the road in St. Paul? I am eager to buy tickets for that contest on Aug.7 - 4 days after MnUFC hosts the Timbers in a regular season game. Will the team just stay in Minnesota for 5 days?
    That's pretty interesting. If the Vikings are at home for a preseason tilt, you could catch them, too.

Yeah, LAFC Defender made a stupid pass backwards to nobody in the goal area and a Timber pounced on it for his first goal of the year in the 84th minutes. Timbers dominated the game, though, and deserved the win. 24 fouls called on the Timbers. 5 shots to 1, too. They were much more aggressive.

That's pretty interesting. If the Vikings are at home for a preseason tilt, you could catch them, too.
    My last live NFL game was 2009 Favre vrs Green Bay in I have never been in such a violent environment with nearly everyone aggressive, drunk and Bolshie.
    I have zero interest in seeing another Vikings game live, with the possible exception of a title game.

My last live NFL game was 2009 Favre vrs Green Bay in I have never been in such a violent environment with nearly everyone aggressive, drunk and Bolshie.
    I have zero interest in seeing another Vikings game live, with the possible exception of a title game.
    The venue makes all the difference. Had a great time at PBS, the Chargers' venue, but I'll never go back to a Seahawk's game. The fans weren't badly behaved there, but they stood for 3+ hours...all of them,...in the freezing, bitter drizzle that you can only get in Seattle, and the wind pouring through the Stadium from the North endzone. It was pure misery.

The venue makes all the difference. Had a great time at PBS, the Chargers' venue, but I'll never go back to a Seahawk's game. The fans weren't badly behaved there, but they stood for 3+ hours...all of them,...in the freezing, bitter drizzle that you can only get in Seattle, and the wind pouring through the Stadium from the North endzone. It was pure misery.
    You stay drier and warmer if you stand.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You stay drier and warmer if you stand.
    It's that 12th-man thing about making enough noise to cause a false start. They have a counter on their scoreboard.

I still don't think it was wrong of me for wanting to go to Fenway on my Honeymoon. We were already in Connecticut...what's a few more miles up Hwy-1?

It's that 12th-man thing about making enough noise to cause a false start. They have a counter on their scoreboard.

I still don't think it was wrong of me for wanting to go to Fenway on my Honeymoon. We were already in Connecticut...what's a few more miles up Hwy-1?
    I-95 is a lot faster. Where in CT were you?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I-95 is a lot faster. Where in CT were you?
    Landed in JFK...picked up the rental at 11:45 p.m. in Brooklyn (big mistake...almost was hijacked after accidentally cutting off a gang car and made a wrong turn off the highway that led me to abandoned buildings within a block and a half), then drove up HWY 1 to get to the cutoff to Redding. When trying to get to Fenway (1st week of August in '92) went North on "1", only to discover it was really slow because it went through every little town's main traffic. It took so long that we never made it to Fenway after stopping twice overnight (once in a 1760's B&B, which was cool). As long as we were going up "1", thought it best to take it easy and enjoy it. Best food and cheapest food in the United States the entire way. Real Italian food. Lobster in Newport for $10 at this red barn on the dock (seen the place in movies before). Brother's house was next-door to Cliff Robinson in Redding. One of the best days of my life was spending all of it in some of the mansions in Newport. They were magnificent beyond description. So, I never got to my goal of Boston (it will happen). Loved going to Mark Twain's house in Hartford (and his little library in Redding). Made it back to NY several more times. Was just thinking about the beautiful Fall colors they have there today.

You're lucky to be around so much history.

It's Championship time year-round in Boston lately...always something going on....and you can get to England and Ireland faster, a couple places I need to go.

One more thing...never got to the Met. That's almost criminal. But, my brother did give us 8-row tickets to "Les Miserables", another one of the greatest moments of my Life. "Moving" is a gross understatement. My Spouse (different Spouse, 1000 times better,..been with this one for 10 years and Friends for 17 years) and her Daughter are going to their first Touring version of a play tomorrow Night, "Wicked". Hoping they have a good time. I got spoiled from that Broadway version of "Les Miserables", as I tried to recapture the feeling with traveling troupes in Portland of various plays, "Miss Saigon", "Evita", and everything that was touring during the early and mid '90's, but the quality of performer just wasn't there. The operatic level of voice of the Broadway actors was richer in quality over the traveling performers. It's like watching Scottie Pippin in person versus watching Scottie Pippin on TV. One is great. The other is an unbelievable experience that you have to see to believe.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-12-2019 at 03:36 AM.

17. Likes:

M2 (07-12-2019)

Congratulations Cincinnati FC. two wins in a row. Nice road win over that Kraut carpetbagger’s (schweinsteiger) team.

Portland read their press clippings after their 1-0 win @ LAFC. They only got 2 points in home games against Colorado and Orlando.

Any thoughts on the new renderings for the West End Stadium?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?