Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

TIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBERRRRRRRRRRRRR!

POR advances after a 2-1 over HOU.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

And the Quakes (SJ) are the 5th team to qualify for the Round of 16 with a win over the Fire (CHI) today.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

TOR and NER advance to the Round of 16 with a 0-0 Draw in an early morning Tuesday match.

SEA manages to find a way to reach the knockout round of 16. It helped being in the weakest bracket.

Looking forward to the Columbus Crew match tonight. Nagbe and Zelarayan have been quite the additions to the team.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

The Crew pulls out a 1-0 win vs. Atlanta United. 3 clean sheets.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Crew look good but I'm a little worried about depth. They are already getting a bit nicked up, although that might not matter depending on how the rest of the season plays out in terms of Covid. Adi came in and looked horrible. Losing Mokhtar would be bad as I don't think Diaz or Etienne have much other than pace.

Midfield looks well setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Have I said before I miss Caleb Porter?

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Crew look good but I'm a little worried about depth. They are already getting a bit nicked up, although that might not matter depending on how the rest of the season plays out in terms of Covid. Adi came in and looked horrible. Losing Mokhtar would be bad as I don't think Diaz or Etienne have much other than pace.

Midfield looks well setup.
    They're good up the middle, for sure (at least until Zardes needs a spell and they bring on Adi. Yikes!) Room might be done for the tournament and they've already lost Wormgoor. Mokhtar's injury didn't look good, but at least he stayed by the pitch and they didn't rush him away for treatment. Etienne squandered some good chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Have I said before I miss Caleb Porter?
    He took a lot of heat on how the Crew played last season, but now that he has some more of his own players, he's got them playing some great soccer.

they've already lost Wormgoor
    Was he signed by Saruman United?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

He took a lot of heat on how the Crew played last season, but now that he has some more of his own players, he's got them playing some great soccer.
    Fans can be fickle.

He's the same Coach this year he was last year. You mentioned back in January/February how adding players who know a style that he wants to play would help. The great thing I love about Porter is that he doesn't have a style. He's very adjustable and can coach many different styles. There are key things such as needing to have a couple players who can score on their own if you can get them a few opportunities a game. Without that it's hard to win consistently. Not having size can hurt, so you will then need to add speed if you can't add size. The list is long about styles of play. If his Owners aren't stupid and have as big of an ego as Portland's, and they listen and have patience with Porter, he'll tell them what he needs next off-season, too, in order to make them even better. I am shocked though at how quickly he has gotten them to a top level. Some of that has to be fan support that encouraged ownership to go and get him and then to go and get him the help he needed. They still don't have the stars that many of the teams have, so what they are doing right now could just be based upon everyone being on the same page (a strength of Porter's), something that could be exposed in a long season, which we won't have. You still have to have the talent. But, right now, they are probably the team to beat. Their Defense has not been scored on in three games, where all teams should be rusty enough that a few mental mistakes will be made that gives up a goal. But, they haven't had that. That's impressive.

The Crew were content to sit back on a one-goal lead for an hour. That's the ultimate insult of Atlanta's attack.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

16. Likes:

Spanky (07-22-2020)

Seriously?

Nobody talking about Cincinnati's advancement to the next round with victories over Atlanta and the NYC Red Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Seriously?

Nobody talking about Cincinnati's advancement to the next round with victories over Atlanta and the NYC Red Bulls?
    They played way better than anything I saw last year, it wasn't exciting but it was effective and their defense looked much improved. They stayed calm on defense all night and took advantage of the limited opportunities they had to score. It's good to see and I wonder how they plan to play once Locadia is fit.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-23-2020)

Turn Off Ads?