Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    He took a lot of heat on how the Crew played last season, but now that he has some more of his own players, he's got them playing some great soccer.
    I went to IU and covered the soccer team when he was there. I've always been happy to see the results he put up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Three already in for the final 8, with the 4th to be determined as two teams are at 0-0 in the 100th minute.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Cincinnati vs Portland in a knockout match coming up tomorrow in the last of the 8 games of the 16-team 1st Round knockout matches. Four are in: SKC, PHI, NYCFC and ORL. COL vs MIN tomorrow. Today: SJ vs RSL and SEA vs LAFC.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Total domination:

San Jose 5
    Real Salt Lake 2

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Cincinnati vs Portland in a knockout match coming up tomorrow in the last of the 8 games of the 16-team 1st Round knockout matches. Four are in: SKC, PHI, NYCFC and ORL. COL vs MIN tomorrow. Today: SJ vs RSL and SEA vs LAFC.
    I think Cincinnati is going to have to bunker in again and play on the counter. Portland has had a few days to watch and scout FCC's defensive tactics.

Real question now is if Jurgen Locadia can play for FCC. Guy is a special talent up top and changes just about everything when it comes to occupying defenders and creating space for Yuya Kubo to run in. Rumor has it he may be fit enough to come on as a late-game sub.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Total domination:

San Jose 5
    Real Salt Lake 2
    I thought the other game last night suited that description more closely: LAFC 4: Seattle 1.
    The question is whether Seattle’s defense is that bad or is LAFC that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I thought the other game last night suited that description more closely: LAFC 4: Seattle 1.
    The question is whether Seattle’s defense is that bad or is LAFC that good?
    LAFC looked that good. SEA's Left Fullback was atrocious. That didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I think Cincinnati is going to have to bunker in again and play on the counter. Portland has had a few days to watch and scout FCC's defensive tactics.

Real question now is if Jurgen Locadia can play for FCC. Guy is a special talent up top and changes just about everything when it comes to occupying defenders and creating space for Yuya Kubo to run in. Rumor has it he may be fit enough to come on as a late-game sub.
    Blanco will be the best player on the field. CIN needs to find an answer for him.

Minnesota advances. Not one of our best performances but we are missing our two of our four best players so we are just trying to compete and get fit. GK Tyler Miller saved two penalties. He is my MOM.
    Columbus showed more initiative but less intelligence. Zelarayán looked..expensive. Nagbe worked hard and won a lot of tackles. Zardes had many poor first touches and missed a penalty. Let’s see if they can keep up with Philly and NYCFC In the east.
    Twellman is the Joe Buck of MLS. Really biased and full of cliches. Columbus is his Green Bay Packers. He and Ale Moreno flat out don’t know the players so their comments are repetitive and ignorant.

POR missed way too many opportunities in the first half.

Moron moment of the tournament by POR's Goalie Clark hands CIN the tying goal in the 80th Min.

POR won't win a SO as CIN's goalie is much better than POR's. POR has 10 minutes to win this thing.

Man, that's a lot of pressure. Glad Clark could get redemption.

Portland advances, because of and despite Steve Clark. Timbers really need to finish better.
    Cincinnati never gave up. They are improved.

If they could ever sign a striker who doesn't gack, that would help. What a sitter to miss on by Locadia. That was a match over moment. Whiffed.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Turn Off Ads?