Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Zlllllllaaaaaaatttttttaaaaannnnnnnnn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Great win for the Timbers v Seattle. How does Seattle get away with their end of game behavior? Over and over this happens with them.

Watched the FCC-NER game last night. It was the photo negative of their early season season meeting in Foxboro, where our supporters section started celebrating fake goals because the team was so inept on the field. Amazing what happens when you get a coach who lets you play the game. The Revs are now undefeated in 10 games since giving Brad Friedel the sack.

There's a nugget of good news in that for FCC. Teams can turn around fast in this league. First step, drop the expansion team mentality.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Great win for the Timbers v Seattle. How does Seattle get away with their end of game behavior? Over and over this happens with them.
    I was at the beach for the weekend and avoided most worldly contact. Good to see them get back on track after their last two games. Haven't seen the incidence you are referring, too, as I missed the game, score and highlights. On a broader note, not a watcher of too mls games, but from what I've seen it seems that they don't hesitate to use yellow cards and even red in the league when they deem a foul as too aggressive. They miss a lot, but you can't call everything.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Ron Jans wil be the new FCC head coach.

https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/18389...mpression=true
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Sounds like LA Galaxy are about to splash down $18M to get Pavon from Boca

8. Likes:

M2 (07-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Ron Jans wil be the new FCC head coach.

https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/18389...mpression=true
    I demand the Bailey start singing "Kick Out the Jans" in his honor.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Good old fashion butt-kicking in Portland as the Timbers waxed the LA Galaxy 4-0.

Timbers have found their groove after giving NYFC, LAFC and the Sounders their only home losses of the year. Now they've added a dominating home win against a top team from the league to set up a second half that should get them prepared for a solid playoff run. In the meantime, they should be able to reach 5th or 4th in the Standings by the time it's over, but it won't matter where they play in the playoffs. They can win anywhere.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-28-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Galaxy have had a weird month. Great win against LAFC, but also have gotten absolutely waxed by San Jose and now Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Galaxy have had a weird month. Great win against LAFC, but also have gotten absolutely waxed by San Jose and now Portland.
    Seems like they got up for that game against LAFC, one of theiir best performances of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Seems like they got up for that game against LAFC, one of theiir best performances of the year.
    Yeah I went to that one and it was an incredible atmosphere and they fed off it for sure. But you have to figure it out, the talent is there, you can’t be getting beat 3-0 frequently. They are in the midst of a very tough stretch of games too, will find out a lot about this team by Labor Day.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-28-2019)

Good old fashion butt-kicking in Portland as the Timbers waxed the LA Galaxy 4-0.

Timbers have found their groove after giving NYFC, LAFC and the Sounders their only home losses of the year. Now they've added a dominating home win against a top team from the league to set up a second half that should get them prepared for a solid playoff run. In the meantime, they should be able to reach 5th or 4th in the Standings by the time it's over, but it won't matter where they play in the playoffs. They can win anywhere.
    Well, they didn’t really “wax” them. They played smart, hit them with quick counters. LA fell apart after Steve Clark made one of the saves of the year, throwing himself in front of a point blank shot in the 74th minute.
    Imbrahimovic stopped trying and Alvarez got a red for kicking a ball at a prone player, after the whistle, at point blank range. Just disgusting. MLS needs to start suspending players for these horrible scenarios or they wil be like LA Liga that lets the stars and top teams play by different rules. The Galaxy, Seattle get to behave pretty badly with no penalties.
    Oh, and Vela is far superior to Zlatan. Not even close for me.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Well, they didn’t really “wax” them. They played smart, hit them with quick counters. LA fell apart after Steve Clark made one of the saves of the year, throwing himself in front of a point blank shot in the 74th minute.
    Imbrahimovic stopped trying and Alvarez got a red for kicking a ball at a prone player, after the whistle, at point blank range. Just disgusting. MLS needs to start suspending players for these horrible scenarios or they wil be like LA Liga that lets the stars and top teams play by different rules. The Galaxy, Seattle get to behave pretty badly with no penalties.
    Oh, and Vela is far superior to Zlatan. Not even close for me.
    Haha are you serious with this? Alvarez is more likely to have the red overturned than be suspended. That red was a joke. The guy got fouled and fell as Alvarez was kicking it and unfortunately drilled him in the face. Everyone sees what they want to see though.

Big game Sunday in Minnesota, Betterread.

Big game Sunday in Minnesota, Betterread.
    Yes it is. I will be there. Timbers are in-form while the Loons have tied their last two matches. Quintero is out on accumulated yellows so we need Molino’s Hamstring to be ready (it wasn’t ready last week).
    We will have to watch the tape on Fernandez and keep him quiet.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-31-2019)

Turn Off Ads?