Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Saw today where CPS is not visiting the construction site. Apparently the construction of the new stadium is causing issues with students at Taft High School. FC should have just worked a deal with UC to stay at Nippert. There own stadium has been nothing but a mess (not to FC's fault by the way) but dealing with city government, we all knew what was going to happen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Saw today where CPS is not visiting the construction site. Apparently the construction of the new stadium is causing issues with students at Taft High School. FC should have just worked a deal with UC to stay at Nippert. There own stadium has been nothing but a mess (not to FC's fault by the way) but dealing with city government, we all knew what was going to happen.
    I think FCC getting into MLS was contingent on them getting a new stadium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

4. Likes:

Yachtzee (03-30-2019)

They should have bulldozed Hughes HS and put it there.

2 birds, one bulldozer.

I’m beyond perturbed at the TV rights situation. I have YouTube tv. I pay for it. Channel 64 is included in it. But evidently they can detect it’s a stream. So now the game is blacked out. How in the heck does that work? It’s no different than locals being included in a cable package. I read where I can pay for their streaming service, but instead I ordered an antenna. But that’s infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I’m beyond perturbed at the TV rights situation. I have YouTube tv. I pay for it. Channel 64 is included in it. But evidently they can detect it’s a stream. So now the game is blacked out. How in the heck does that work? It’s no different than locals being included in a cable package. I read where I can pay for their streaming service, but instead I ordered an antenna. But that’s infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same thing happened to me. I came home, fired up YouTubeTV, no dice.

Penny Smart, Pound Foolish, FC...

You mean to tell me that Youtube is blocking content that's free over the air? That doesn't seem right. If it was truly blacked out it'd be blacked out OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You mean to tell me that Youtube is blocking content that's free over the air? That doesn't seem right. If it was truly blacked out it'd be blacked out OTA.
    Makes no sense to me either. Reds games are shown live on YTTV, no problem. FCC, not.

I don't get it.

It's not YouTube, its FCC. From what I understand, Directv Now is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    It's not YouTube, its FCC. From what I understand, Directv Now is as well.
    So the FCC allows it broadcast OTA but not on a streaming service? What law is this?

So the FCC allows it broadcast OTA but not on a streaming service? What law is this?
    I get out the antenna to watch OTA when it's not on national TV, so I'm unaffected, but I'm assuming it's due to this:

https://www.fccincinnati.com/post/20...ship-flosports

13. Likes:

Chip R (04-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I get out the antenna to watch OTA when it's not on national TV, so I'm unaffected, but I'm assuming it's due to this:

I don't see anything in there that refers to blocking what Star64 shows. If I'm missing it, fine. Please spoon it to me. Star64 is not a paid station. I'd think YouTube would have to show you whatever's being broadcast on it just like OTA

I don't see anything in there that refers to blocking what Star64 shows. If I'm missing it, fine. Please spoon it to me. Star64 is not a paid station. I'd think YouTube would have to show you whatever's being broadcast on it just like OTA
    Some of the streaming services don’t have a local TV deal and if you don’t have that you need the streaming service deal, which FCC seems to have made with some small company no one uses.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Some of the streaming services don’t have a local TV deal and if you don’t have that you need the streaming service deal, which FCC seems to have made with some small company no one uses.
    I was referring to this post:

Maybe I'm not getting it but here it sounds like there is a local tv deal and what was on Star64 was blacked out. Maybe I'm missing his point

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post

The folks who are really getting the hose are the ones inside the blackout area, but not within OTA range of Star 64. Their only option is Flo.

We use Hulu as our primary streaming service and 64 is not part of their programming. Luckily I remembered an old trick from the 1990s when our cable would go out and jammed a paper clip into my coax receiver. Problem solved.

But yeah, the MLS blackout rules are dumb. Every game should be available live on ESPN+ or FoxSportsGo without exception.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-01-2019),Revering4Blue (04-02-2019),schmidty622 (04-02-2019)

I just read up on it.

Whatever that service that nobody uses, charges 200 or so per season to watch FCC. And FCC has a clause in that contract to allow OTA broadcast locally, but not online. So that rules out YTTV and others. Even though they are streaming local broadcasts, it's still "online" or whatever.

Which, as I mentioned before, is penny smart/pound foolish.

No one who isn't already a big fan, is going to shell out that kind of coin. So their market for new "accidental" fans, is now limited to the OTA broadcast range of Star 64, which ain't much.

Penny smart/ Pound foolish. This will hurt them, just like the move to West End will hurt them. Maybe more so.

Turn Off Ads?