Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

https://www.espn.com/soccer/major-le...u-need-to-know

The entire schedule for the tournament is up. Basically for an entire month starting on July 8th you get prime time MLS soccer on ESPN or FS1. I'm a little dubious to the actual need for this tournament, but having the sports calendar to yourself for basically all of July is a good thing for the league.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/major-le...u-need-to-know

The entire schedule for the tournament is up. Basically for an entire month starting on July 8th you get prime time MLS soccer on ESPN or FS1. I'm a little dubious to the actual need for this tournament, but having the sports calendar to yourself for basically all of July is a good thing for the league.
    I like that they're copying the Spain/Italy model of playing every day. Still think they're going to melt, but might as well make the most of being the only game in the nation.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-06-2020)

https://ca.reuters.com/article/sport...BN2472V3-OCASP

FC Dallas will not compete in the Orlando-based MLS Is Back Tournament that is set to begin this week after a number of their players tested positive for COVID-19, Major League Soccer said on Monday. Ten Dallas players and one member of the club’s technical staff tested positive for the virus since the team’s June 27 arrival at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex for the month-long World Cup-style tournament.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-06-2020 at 08:28 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Not good. These teams largely haven’t trained that much and this is supposed to start this week. Quality is going to be garbage.

Nashville SC out of MLS is Back tournament after 9 players test positive for coronavirus

https://www.oregonlive.com/soccer/20...ronavirus.html
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Got the Cincinnati-Columbus game on just to have something on, and FCC is as bad a team as I've ever seen.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-12-2020)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/

Six games in the books. Two more today. Two tomorrow.

I do like Caleb Porter and the moves Columbus made in the off-season. Hopefully, the Cincinnati Club and find something to build on going into next year during this year's league play. Can't judge Columbus based on this game. They'll play a real game soon enough. They did what they needed to do.

ORL 2 @ MIA 1
    NYCFC 0 @ PHI 1
    MON 0 @ NE 1
    SEA 0 @ SJ 0
    ATL 0 @ NYCRB 1
    CIN 0 @ COL 4

Not only were ORL, the only road team to win so far, but they are the only raod team to score through 6 games. Probably a lot of rust by everyone.

Today and tomorrow and Tuesday:

SKC @ MIN
    RSL @ COL

LAFC @ HOU
    LAG @ POR

CHI @ SEA
    NYCFC @ ORL
    PHI @ MIA
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-12-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

I do like Caleb Porter and the moves Columbus made in the off-season. Hopefully, the Cincinnati Club and find something to build on going into next year during this year's league play. Can't judge Columbus based on this game. They'll play a real game soon enough. They did what they needed to do.

ORL 2 @ MIA 1
    NYCFC 0 @ PHI 1
    MON 0 @ NE 1
    SEA 0 @ SJ 0
    ATL 0 @ NYCRB 1
    CIN 0 @ COL 4

Not only were ORL, the only road team to win so far, but they are the only raod team to score through 6 games. Probably a lot of rust by everyone.

SKC @ MIN
    RSL @ COL

LAFC @ HOU
    LAG @ POR

CHI @ SEA
    NYCFC @ ORL
    PHI @ MIA
    Two quick notes:

1) There really aren't any road games here, since they're all being played in Orlando.

2) Also, in soccer games listings, the home team gets listed first. So, technically, the home teams have only won once.

It definitely hasn’t been pretty soccer for the most part, but I think that’s expected. Columbus looked good, the free kick goal was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Two quick notes:

1) There really aren't any road games here, since they're all being played in Orlando.

2) Also, in soccer games listings, the home team gets listed first. So, technically, the home teams have only won once.
    Yeah, I made that mistake last year forgetting that home teams were listed first. I did know that all the games were in one town, just noting that it was odd that only one team scored that was listed as a "road" team, or in this case, "home" team, which is now even more odd since they are played in Orlando and ORL was the only "home" team to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

ORL 2 @ MIA 1
    NYCFC 0 @ PHI 1
    MON 0 @ NE 1
    SEA 0 @ SJ 0
    ATL 0 @ NYCRB 1
    CIN 0 @ COL 4

SKC @ MIN
    RSL @ COL

LAFC @ HOU
    LAG @ POR

CHI @ SEA
    NYCFC @ ORL
    PHI @ MIA
    I was off one day of all of these games. Everything begins today.

TOR 2
    DC 2

LAFC 3
    HOU 3

LAX 0
    POR 0 55th minute (FS1)

TIMMMMMMMMMMMBER!!!

What a gorgeous goal.

1-0, POR, 59th Min.

TIMMMMMMMMMMMMBER!!!

2-0 POR, 66th Min.

Blanco dominating.

Listless Galaxy Defense.

18. Likes:

Betterread (07-14-2020)

74th min. Timbers player gets 2nd yellow, penalty just outside the front of the box. This great opportunity plus man advantage the rest of the way for LAX.

Turn Off Ads?