Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I informed my ticket rep that I wouldn't by buying tix next season if the league screwed Columbus out of a team. I know there was a movement afoot to exert pressure on other teams. Wonder if some of them felt it.
    I'd like to think the league-wide support for Save The Crew from other teams' supporters must have given at least some of the owners some pause. I think since the original announcement 1 year ago, every supporters group across the league has made a "Save The Crew" display of some sort. I've also heard that there were a substantial number of people who informed their own ticket reps that they would not renew season tickets if the league allowed the Crew to move.

I think the one supporters organization whose actions were really disappointing were American Outlaws. When asked whether they would support the "Save the Crew" movement, considering everything Columbus fans had done in the "Dos a Cero" years to make Columbus Crew/Mapfre stadium a fortress for the USMNT, AO declined by saying that they didn't get involved in individual club issues. And they said this even though the Austin Chapter of AO had publicly promoted meet ups for MLS2ATX when PSV's Dave Greeley and his hired astroturf squad started showing up with free scarves. Meanwhile, they're more than happy to film a commercial for Continental Tire using the Tifo from Columbus that #Tifosweat, the Columbus Crew Tifo Group created. I've lost a lot of respect for them over the past year.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (10-23-2018),Chip R (10-19-2018),M2 (10-18-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

That was insane fun.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

5. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (10-23-2018),Chip R (10-21-2018),dabvu2498 (10-21-2018),Kingspoint (10-21-2018),KittyDuran (10-21-2018),Yachtzee (10-21-2018)

Took care of business today. Rolling going into the playoffs.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Took care of business today. Rolling going into the playoffs.
    Thanks for that. Galaxy just need to beat a terrible Houston team for that last spot now.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-22-2018)

Real Salt Lake missed the playoffs because they couldn't beat Minnesota a couple weeks ago. Could Columbus duplicate that embarrassing feat?
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 10-25-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Real Salt Lake missed the playoffs because they couldn't beat Minnesota a couple weeks ago. Could Columbus duplicate that embarassing feat?
    We shall see. It will be the first home game since #SavedTheCrew, so the spirits of the crowd should be high. I picked up a pair of seats for me and my son right near the Nordecke. Of course, I found out yesterday that my son has a thing and can't go. So now I might take my dad down.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Portland's Coach screwed up. Decided to rest his Starters @ Vancouver. A win and Portland hosts the 1st Rd knockout. They lost and now head to Dallas.

Portland's Coach screwed up. Decided to rest his Starters @ Vancouver. A win and Portland hosts the 1st Rd knockout. They lost and now head to Dallas.
    Didn’t mess up as bad as the Galaxy.....

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Yeah, I almost didn't post it because it would be like whining because the beach property needs cleaning before using it.

Yeah, I almost didn't post it because it would be like whining because the beach property needs cleaning before using it.
    Haha you’re good, it’s a fair complaint.

Blowing a 2 goal lead was just brutal. I think it’s a top 10 loss for me, in terms of teams I cheer for.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    The gamble paid off. They were fresh and nearly got the shutout. Now they go back to Portland, possibly against the Sounders. First time I ever saw the Kingdome (I felt like I was in the 21st Century...it was a long way off back then as there wasn't even a Seattle Mariners team, yet) was for a game some of us traveled for against the Sounders. I think we lost 2-1.

The gamble paid off. They were fresh and nearly got the shutout. Now they go back to Portland, possibly against the Sounders. First time I ever saw the Kingdome (I felt like I was in the 21st Century...it was a long way off back then as there wasn't even a Seattle Mariners team, yet) was for a game some of us traveled for against the Sounders. I think we lost 2-1.
    You need RSL to beat LAFC to get the Sounders. Could happen but not where I’d put my money.

Some beautiful goals last night. Valeris free kick was gorgeous and the first two NYCFC goals were nice too.

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-01-2018)

Crew win on PKs in DC. Steffen with 2 nice saves.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-01-2018),paintmered (11-02-2018),Redsfaithful (11-01-2018)

That ground-level ticker would drive me nuts as a player at the LAFC game.

Wow! Some European Fandom behind the goal in LA. Beer and ice flying like crazy at the goalkeeper. They had to suspend the game. What do they expect when they put the fans two feet from the net?

Turn Off Ads?