Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's ban Zack Hample from GABP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Let's ban Zack Hample from GABP

2. Likes:

Crumbley (05-20-2019),M2 (05-02-2018),marcshoe (05-20-2019),NC Reds (05-02-2018),nmculbreth (05-02-2018),OGB (05-02-2018),REDREAD (05-02-2018),Tom Servo (05-02-2018),WrongVerb (05-02-2018)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Let's ban Zack Hample from GABP

He seems to have fun with it and wasn't a jerk about giving Blandino the ball. I say good for him. Everyone needs a hobby.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

4. Likes:

757690 (05-02-2018),DatRedsFan (05-02-2018),redsrule2500 (05-02-2018),Spanky (05-02-2018),SunDeck (05-02-2018)

Hopefully Blandino is more Trout and Didi than Mike Nickeas (who?).

" Mike Nickeas"

GO GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY YELLOW JACKETS

Quote Originally Posted by Umkubas View Post
    " Mike Nickeas"

GO GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY YELLOW JACKETS
    The Stanford Cardinals will not be happy that you are writing that about any other college team.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

8. Likes:

757690 (05-02-2018),NebraskaRed (05-02-2018),Reds Fanatic (05-02-2018),Tom Servo (05-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    He seems to have fun with it and wasn't a jerk about giving Blandino the ball. I say good for him. Everyone needs a hobby.
    Counterpoint: he sucks
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

nmculbreth (05-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Yeah, let's ban an actual fan of baseball from baseball games.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

12. Likes:

Always Red (05-02-2018),Chip R (05-02-2018),DatRedsFan (05-02-2018),Number_Fourteen (05-02-2018)

The GAB has to be the best place in the majors for a ballhawk. Lots of HR, not that many fans.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

14. Likes:

757690 (05-02-2018),alwaysawarrior (05-02-2018),DatRedsFan (05-02-2018),Number_Fourteen (05-02-2018),REDREAD (05-02-2018),The Operator (05-02-2018)

We can do that? I wasn't aware we had that much power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

16. Likes:

Hoosier Red (05-20-2019),Number_Fourteen (05-02-2018)

Right after we ban Pete Rose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

The main problem I have with it, is that for every ball he gets, he's taking one from another fan.
    Most collectors or hobbies that people have are self beneficial and have no effect on others.
    Catching a baseball at a game is a unique experience and something that may or may not happen in a fan's lifetime.
    That's 9,000 fans that his hobby has taken away from, and potentially young fans that would be worth more to a child or someone who is just getting into the game.

I know when I have been to ballparks that ushers don't always let me switch seats, and certainly frown upon jumping over seats for safety and respect reasons. I don't think he's doing anything that deserves a ban, but would suggest there are rules in place that prevent him from being able to manipulate the ability to move around the park and strategically take away the experience from people that have legitimately paid to be in a certain section of the park.

19. Likes:

mbgrayson (05-02-2018),ochoa30 (05-02-2018),REDREAD (05-02-2018),sjjones (05-03-2018),The Operator (05-02-2018)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post

I know when I have been to ballparks that ushers don't always let me switch seats, and certainly frown upon jumping over seats for safety and respect reasons. I don't think he's doing anything that deserves a ban, but would suggest there are rules in place that prevent him from being able to manipulate the ability to move around the park and strategically take away the experience from people that have legitimately paid to be in a certain section of the park.
    When there are 30 people in an entire section, the ushers shouldn't be getting on people about moving around seats. That stuff drives me crazy.

I was at a minor league game in the last few years (I'm going to be very vague here because I don't want to throw any particular organization under the bus) and saw an usher go down and check on tickets of these two young men (they looked like they were somewhere in that 18-25 range). They didn't have tickets for those seats. He asked them to move. They were literally the only people sitting in the first 13 rows of that section. There were about 8 total people in the section. Stuff like that is incredibly petty.

Here's another fun one. My best friend a few years ago bought seats in Baltimore behind the plate. Second row. Seats that cost like $200. He was literally the only person in his row. He scooted over one seat after like 3 innings so he would be seen on TV (his seat was right out of frame). The usher came down and threatened to have him removed from the ballpark if he didn't move back to his original seat. You know, the one right next to it. NO ONE ELSE WAS IN THE ROW.

Just drives me crazy when people do stuff like that.

Side rant, of course. Hample is a different story. I just wanted to rant about ushers being turds.

21. Likes:

camisadelgolf (05-05-2018),Caveat Emperor (05-02-2018),DatRedsFan (05-02-2018),Joseph (05-02-2018),Number_Fourteen (05-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    When there are 30 people in an entire section, the ushers shouldn't be getting on people about moving around seats. That stuff drives me crazy.

I was at a minor league game in the last few years (I'm going to be very vague here because I don't want to throw any particular organization under the bus) and saw an usher go down and check on tickets of these two young men (they looked like they were somewhere in that 18-25 range). They didn't have tickets for those seats. He asked them to move. They were literally the only people sitting in the first 13 rows of that section. There were about 8 total people in the section. Stuff like that is incredibly petty.

Here's another fun one. My best friend a few years ago bought seats in Baltimore behind the plate. Second row. Seats that cost like $200. He was literally the only person in his row. He scooted over one seat after like 3 innings so he would be seen on TV (his seat was right out of frame). The usher came down and threatened to have him removed from the ballpark if he didn't move back to his original seat. You know, the one right next to it. NO ONE ELSE WAS IN THE ROW.

Side rant, of course. Hample is a different story. I just wanted to rant about ushers being turds.
    Part of it is about price protection for the team. If everyone knows you can just move down to better seats, then nobody would ever by the premium seats. The other side when your crowds are that crappy is to do anything it takes to get customers in the park and give them a good experience.

I guess I'm saying its not a completely black and white thing.

Anyways, you are right, Hample is a different story. He's moving around and taking advantage of the situation. You'd almost have to create a completely different set of rules to prevent him from doing what he's doing. Ultimately, he's only attending a few Reds games, and going from stadium to stadium, so its not like its an issue that is going to both GABP citizens at each game.

23. Likes:

RadfordVA (05-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Part of it is about price protection for the team. If everyone knows you can just move down to better seats, then nobody would ever by the premium seats. The other side when your crowds are that crappy is to do anything it takes to get customers in the park and give them a good experience.

I guess I'm saying its not a completely black and white thing.

Anyways, you are right, Hample is a different story. He's moving around and taking advantage of the situation. You'd almost have to create a completely different set of rules to prevent him from doing what he's doing. Ultimately, he's only attending a few Reds games, and going from stadium to stadium, so its not like its an issue that is going to both GABP citizens at each game.
    Eh, the Reds do a decent job of enticing their season ticket holders now. Another thing you have to consider, how many of the people actually pay for seats as opposed to being given seats? It just doesn't bother me, if there are open seats, and someone takes the seat and is respectful, especially if they have kids, more power to them. I remember the days at Riverfront where the stadium would be empty but there were ushers who wouldn't let you go down from the green to blue level if you didn't have a ticket.

As for his guy catching HR's, whatever floats your boat. As long as he isn't pushing people over, it doesn't bother me. If I caught Blandino's HR and the Reds asked me what I wanted, I probably would have said an auto Joey Votto bat. But at the end of the day that ball means a ton to Blandino and is pretty meaningless to me. I have caught one foul ball, gave it to my nephew who subsequently lost it in the woods playing baseball.

25. Likes:

Donder (05-02-2018),Number_Fourteen (05-03-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

Or people could just pay for the seats they want to sit in. It is pretty frustrating to take the family and buy tickets in front row of right field so kids have a shot at a ball, only to have grown men tower over them taking every ball they can knowing they only bought standing room only tickets.

27. Likes:

DatRedsFan (05-02-2018),REDREAD (05-02-2018),sjjones (05-03-2018),The Operator (05-02-2018)

Turn Off Ads?