Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter Greene

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Hunter Greene

Hunter Greene
    @HunterGreene17

I’m training 6 days a week twice a day but had to take a few minutes and “Break Bread” with my man @NickTurturro1 Catch us live and uncut then give a follow to Big Nick is FUNNY �� much ❤️ thanks for having me onset. m.youtube.com/watch?v=nz9qRU…
    Big Nick Turturro @NickTurturro1

BREAKING BREAD EPISODE 6 IS UP WITH MY FRIEND @HunterGreene17 Great Job Buddy!!!
    2:03pm · 10 May 2019
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-10-2019),mace (05-10-2019),RED VAN HOT (05-10-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

This is a terrific interview. Thanks for posting. Hunter is intelligent, poised, mature, open, and down to earth. I am a fan. Those that are quick to write him off after the surgery, should watch this. Only problem was that I came away thinking he will outgrow Cincinnati.

5. Likes:

mace (05-10-2019)

Didn't get to listen to the interview yet, but from everything I've read about Hunter, he has great character and is an very intelligent kid.
    Those are the types of prospects I love to stockpile when there is talent to match.
    I still think he will one day be an outstanding pro player.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

A Hardball Times chart from 2014 said the rate of TJ recovery for players his age is 97%, which is encouraging if accurate. Good to get through this now.

https://tht.fangraphs.com/an-analysi...-surgery-data/

Small sample size, but encouraging.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 05-10-2019 at 09:38 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Good interview, but goat yoga? Who comes up with such silliness? I guess there are those among us who just have to be soooo nuts that others are convinced that insanity is good for you..I dunno..
    What's next? Elephant yoga for NFL linemen?
    Last edited by mamell; 05-11-2019 at 10:14 AM.

A 2022 rotation of Castillo, Greene, Gray, Santillan and Lodolo is something to dream on.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    Good interview, but goat yoga? Who comes up with such silliness? I guess there are those among us who just have to be soooo nuts that others are convinced that insanity is good for you..I dunno..
    What's next? Elephant yoga for NFL linemen?
    Goat yoga's a thing. People like it. Elephant yoga sounds awesome.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    A 2022 rotation of Castillo, Greene, Gray, Santillan and Lodolo is something to dream on.
    Greene won't be there. Timetable's too quick for him. 2021's going to be his first full season back, and I'm not sure what kind of workload he'll have. Should he throw 100+ IP that first season back? I don't know what the development path is for a lightly-used arm coming off of TJ surgery.

12. Likes:

HokieRed (05-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Greene won't be there. Timetable's too quick for him. 2021's going to be his first full season back, and I'm not sure what kind of workload he'll have. Should he throw 100+ IP that first season back? I don't know what the development path is for a lightly-used arm coming off of TJ surgery.
    For those unable to listen to the entire interview, he did say this regarding his return. The rehabilitation process is around 15 months. He will start throwing in 5 months. He will stay in extended spring training for (at least) a month in 2020. Then, he will be assigned. He expects to go to either Daytona or Chattanooga. He also said that the Reds' plan for him this year had been to start at Daytona and then move up later in the year. He sounded very confident and positive about his health.

14. Likes:

North (05-12-2019)

I agree with M2. I would start him in High A. He's never pitched higher than Low A and had a 4.48 ERA there. And baby him that first year. If he really did well, I might give him a couple courtesy starts in AA before they shut him down.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

16. Likes:

HokieRed (05-12-2019),M2 (05-11-2019),mth123 (05-11-2019),RiverRat13 (05-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    For those unable to listen to the entire interview, he did say this regarding his return. The rehabilitation process is around 15 months. He will start throwing in 5 months. He will stay in extended spring training for (at least) a month in 2020. Then, he will be assigned. He expects to go to either Daytona or Chattanooga. He also said that the Reds' plan for him this year had been to start at Daytona and then move up later in the year. He sounded very confident and positive about his health.
    15? The last time I heard that number used instead of 18 months, which it is, it was in connection with Homer Bailey's disastrous early return. I want no part of 15 months with Greene's arm. He's young. Do not set an aggressive timetable to bring him back.

18. Likes:

kaldaniels (05-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    15? The last time I heard that number used instead of 18 months, which it is, it was in connection with Homer Bailey's disastrous early return. I want no part of 15 months with Greene's arm. He's young. Do not set an aggressive timetable to bring him back.
    15?

I could swear our beloved Doug was arguing it was 10.

Now that was a head scratcher...

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    This is a terrific interview. Thanks for posting. Hunter is intelligent, poised, mature, open, and down to earth. I am a fan. Those that are quick to write him off after the surgery, should watch this. Only problem was that I came away thinking he will outgrow Cincinnati.
    I thought this shortly after he was drafted. He already lives in Las Vegas and is from California. Who knows if he makes it up to the big leagues maybe he will fall in love with the city but I'm not going to bet on it.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I dont look for Greene to pitch in the majors until maybe 2024. Between service time games and the opinion that pitchers under 25 are infants it just wont happen. Castillo will be gone by then. The entire team as we know it today might be gone by then.

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    I dont look for Greene to pitch in the majors until maybe 2024. Between service time games and the opinion that pitchers under 25 are infants it just wont happen. Castillo will be gone by then. The entire team as we know it today might be gone by then.
    Greene needs to spend at least two or three seasons building innings. He's hardly pitched since he was a Junior in High school. For me he doesn't pitch at all in 2020. 100 IP in 2021 and 130 or so in 2022 to maybe 150 or 160 in 2023. After that, he's a viable big league starter, IMO, assuming he performs. He could go faster if we want to make a reliever out of him.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?