Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Hunter Greene

Re: Hunter Greene

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yeah let’s abuse Greene’s arm this year like we did with Antone
    Agree with this sentiment. Greene is a starter. Don’t mess around with that. Keep him in his routine. He’s your most valuable prospect, just turned 22, and a TJ surgery guy.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-26-2021 at 09:31 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Edit…

Hunter Greene has officially been shutdown for the 2021 season, nixing any idea of him showing up on a Reds roster in the next few weeks.

He pitched 106 innings this year combined in 21 minor league starts (7 AA/14 AAA).

He'll have his contract purchased later this winter to protect him from the upcoming Rule 5 draft.

He'll have another innings cap enforced on him next year, I'd imagine it'll be about 150.

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-18-2021),RiverRat13 (09-18-2021),SirFelixCat (09-18-2021)

I know times have changed but just as a reference, Tom Seaver pitched 251 Innings for the Mets when he was 22.

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    I know times have changed but just as a reference, Tom Seaver pitched 251 Innings for the Mets when he was 22.
    Was that the after his Tommy John surgery? Oh. Yeah. No. I guess it wasn't.

They are protecting him precisely cause they are invested in him.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Was that the after his Tommy John surgery? Oh. Yeah. No. I guess it wasn't.

They are protecting him precisely cause they are invested in him.
    Times have changed in the way pitchers are handled They are being coddled these days but it seems the injuries are increasing. Greene had his surgery in spring of 2019 and sat out 2020. Tommy John actually had his surgery after the 1974 season and sat out 1975 and returned in 1976 to pitch 205 innings.

Times have changed in the way pitchers are handled They are being coddled these days but it seems the injuries are increasing. Greene had his surgery in spring of 2019 and sat out 2020. Tommy John actually had his surgery after the 1974 season and sat out 1975 and returned in 1976 to pitch 205 innings.
    Feel free to write a report and send it to MLB, I guess. But just talking about the old days isn't going to bring them back.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

TRF (09-24-2021)

Yes, and Tom Terrific never had Tommy John surgery. The reds may not get his production out of Greene, but they are counting on getting more production out of Greene than they got out of Wayne Simpson. That's the point of limiting his innings pitched. It's not coddling. It's protecting their investment.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Turn Off Ads?