Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: 5/13/18 Reds @ Dodgers

Re: 5/13/18 Reds @ Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Isn't Riggleman actually 11-9 now?
    11-12. The Reds lost their first three under Riggleman, and are 11-9 since.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    I can't explain why, but the Reds are a whole different team under Riggleman, and it's such a relief. The Price Reds were unwatchable...the Riggleman Reds are the Reds again.
    Riggleman just seems more managerial. Obviously he's more experienced than Price was, but he's also a better strategist and tactician. He's more aggressive offensively, as the players seem to be running more and taking the extra base. With the pitching staff he's quick with the hook in some instances, but is more willing to let a pitcher stretch out and face an extra batter in others. I especially like his bullpen usage. I also really like how he uses his bench, getting the subs a couple of starts a week, along with enough PH appearances and double switches to keep them fresh and part of the action. (Price never wanted to use his bench.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-14-2018),Kingspoint (05-14-2018),membengal (05-14-2018)

Former Stanford Cardinal, Alex Blandino goes 2 for 4 with a sacrifice raising his batting average to .258 and raising his on base percentage to a MLB career high .338. Blandino scores two runs.

Go Stanford Cardinal baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Didn't somebody say switching managers wouldn't make much of a difference?
    Not the manager, the clubhouse cancer Mes.

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-14-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I will never understand the game of baseball.
    That's just baseball what happened over the weekend. Even the poorest of teams will have a winning streak at some point. Hopefully this is more long lasting . We will just have to wait and see. Reds did catch the Dodgers at a good time. I watched the Dodger telecast all weekend and their broadcasters lamented the Dodger hitting woes that have been on going all season. Maybe a good confidence booster for the Reds too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    11-12. The Reds lost their first three under Riggleman, and are 11-9 since.
    Oh, I don't count the first 3.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-14-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Riggleman just seems more managerial. Obviously he's more experienced than Price was, but he's also a better strategist and tactician. He's more aggressive offensively, as the players seem to be running more and taking the extra base. With the pitching staff he's quick with the hook in some instances, but is more willing to let a pitcher stretch out and face an extra batter in others. I especially like his bullpen usage. I also really like how he uses his bench, getting the subs a couple of starts a week, along with enough PH appearances and double switches to keep them fresh and part of the action. (Price never wanted to use his bench.)
    Is Riggleman really that much better than Price, or is it all an illusion? You know, the Reds, for no special reason, just start playing better, and Riggleman is the guys who gets the credit for it. And Price was missing two major players (Suarez and Schebler) for many games that Riggleman wasn't.

I really hope Riggleman is not just a mirage...and I want the team that has won 6 in a row to be legit.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-14-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Bryan Price never lead the Reds to a six game winning streak. Riggleman did in his first month as Reds manager.

I don’t understand how anyone who watched the Reds in April under Price and now in May under Riggleman can conclude that changing managers didn’t make a difference.
    Hear! Hear!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?