Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 6/5/2018 Rockies at Reds Disco is Back!

Re: 6/5/2018 Rockies at Reds Disco is Back!

17 hits and lost by 3

Great

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds get 17 hits, but lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I swear this is the most reactionary fanbase, I don't see any other fan bases eat their young players like Reds fans do except maybe the Yankees, and they at least have some reason for it given their standards.
    For the record, i always supported Robinson and Pinson.

5. Likes:

Big Klu (06-05-2018),WVRedsFan (06-05-2018)

On pace for 56-106.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

7. Likes:

REDREAD (06-05-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    And I was in Eric Davis' corner from Day 1.

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-06-2018),Mutaman (06-06-2018)

Which is three more than anybody should have made! It was like 3 games and you declared Blandino awful and that they needed a 'real' bench bat.

And no, Billy skated by a lot. It was after Billy that this really started. Suarez, awful. Schebler (or Schelber as you call him), awful. Peraza, awful. I heard it all and I've stood up for all of them because I hate reactionary views like that. And that's why I'm sticking up for Winker, because the idea that Winker's 99 games in the big leagues defines him is ridiculous, for reasons too numerous to mention.

Nobody needs "protection", I'm sure Winker and all of them get crap on Twitter and I'm not there warding the trolls off. Some of us just get tired of people on here who just want to crap all over every player.
    Man, I get your frustration after reading that.. but I don't think I criticized Suarez ever. I don't recall criticizing Schebler , other than saying he should never play in CF.
    When the manager puts Schelber in CF, that's not his (Schebler's) fault.. I don't think I really criticized Peraza either... He's a servicable SS until something better comes along, and that has value.. So man, while I get what you are saying about excessive negativity, I have only been bearish on Winker.. I will slow it down from now on.. I will try to limit it to one frustration post per bad play on the game thread.. or at least try to .. Hope that helps. But at the same time, when people keep saying "give him more time" after he butchers a play in the OF, that really is inviting more criticism.. Either he will never become a good OF due to lack of ability, or he did not really work hard on his defense in the minors and thus can get better at it if he puts the work in.. either one is not really flattering to him. That is accepting him for what he is ... Like I have lowered my expectations for Billy to be 300 OBP.. not because 300 OBP is great, but because I think that is realistic..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Reds fall to 3-6 on Bowtie Tuesday.

First time the Reds have had 17 hits in a losing effort since September 5, 1984 in a 15-11 loss at San Diego. The Reds lineup that night:

Gary Redus lf
    Eric Davis cf
    Dave Parker rf
    Cesar Cedeņo 1b
    Nick Esasky 3b
    Dave Concepcion ss
    Ron Oester 2b
    Dave Van Gorder c
    Jay Tibbs p

And the lineup for the eventual NL Champion Padres:

Tim Flannery 2b
    Tony Gwynn rf
    Steve Garvey 1b
    Graig Nettles 3b
    Kevin McReynolds cf
    Terry Kennedy c
    Carmelo Martinez lf
    Garry Templeton ss
    Dave Dravecky p

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    But many didn't. Most of it was racism, but the stories my father and I heard at Crosley in 1963 were embarrassing to a young kid. There is always going to be rumors and all that, but we see the same thing with others Reds over the years. Adam Dunn, Junior, and today Votto. Luckily, the majority support good players, but the anti's seem to come out of the woodwork.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I know there's no fighting the narrative train, but he made the big leagues at 23, is currently 24, and still doesn't even have 100 big league games under his belt.

I swear this is the most reactionary fanbase, I don't see any other fan bases eat their young players like Reds fans do except maybe the Yankees, and they at least have some reason for it given their standards.
    Yea I'm frustrated, but to me the fact he only has 100 mlb games under his belt at 24 = drastic misjudge of talent for a #1 pick, and he isn't alone, just frustrated with JW in this game.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (06-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    Yea I'm frustrated, but to me the fact he only has 100 mlb games under his belt at 24 = drastic misjudge of talent for a #1 pick, and he isn't alone, just frustrated with JW in this game.
    I don't follow the minors as closely as I should. In fact, I followed the draft for the first time in my life last night. As I've watched Winker this season, I think I know why he stayed down in the minors so long with people begging for him to get promoted to the big team. I've heard forever that he could hit, but he's not showing it now. His outfield play is horrid. His running is--he's slow on the bases. If he could rake, all would be forgiven, but at this point he has no business leading off, just like Tucker has no business batting second. Hopefully, he will get better, but as for now, he doesn't look like a number one pick at all. Time will tell.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 06-05-2018 at 11:01 PM.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

18. Likes:

Rantly (06-05-2018),REDREAD (06-06-2018)

One last thing. Votto's average is now .306 with an .857 OPS. He's back.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

20. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-06-2018),REDREAD (06-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    But many didn't. Most of it was racism, but the stories my father and I heard at Crosley in 1963 were embarrassing to a young kid. .
    True. Rose was strongly criticized for socializing with Frankie and Pinson. From his teammates, his manger and even his father. Pete paid it no mind.

22. Likes:

Big Klu (06-06-2018),cumberlandreds (06-06-2018)

Get 'em on, get 'em over.....LOB.

Turn Off Ads?