Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19..The End of the Warriors' dominance!

2018-19..The End of the Warriors' dominance!

I will take anyone's bet. I get the field they get the Warriors.

I want people backing up their opinion with money if they think it's a foregone conclusion that the Warriors will win again.

I am waiting for you.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2018-19..The End of the Warriors' dominance!

Wouldn't touch this until after the draft and free agency. A lot could change

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Wouldn't touch this until after the draft and free agency. A lot could change
    Breaking News LeBron joins GSW on a vet min 1 year deal...

*Rest of the NBA and its fan* SON OF A @#*$&!

Breaking News Nate Silver has cancelled the 2018/2019 NBA season and has already given the Golden State Warriors the title.

Seriously its time NBA steps up their salary cap penalties on those who go over, I'm sick of these iso super teams and want to enjoy watching NBA again.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I will take anyone's bet. I get the field they get the Warriors.

I want people backing up their opinion with money if they think it's a foregone conclusion that the Warriors will win again.

I am waiting for you.
    I am not a betting man. I don't like to lose money.

That said I would take a friendly wager than the Warriors it all again.

I hope the Jazz can come up with another reliable scorer either through free agency or the draft. When Donovan Mitchell is not on the floor (or is not shooting well), that offense can bog down in a hurry.

Also, after last year's playoff run, I wonder if Mitchell is capable of breaking through as a true star in the league. I think having the experience of playing 11 playoff games was very good for him and really introduced him to the world as having the potential to someday be one of the top few players in the league.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-12-2018)

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I've been told by two people that Lebron to LA is like 95% happening. These are people who hear things, so take it for what it's worth. Even if they are right, things could still change I'm sure.

Edit: Actually, they might have just been repeating this rumor, because they were talking about his kid: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/06/gar...akers-nba-cavs
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am not a betting man. I don't like to lose money.

That said I would take a friendly wager than the Warriors it all again.
    I was hoping they would all be friendly...like a pizza.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    This makes the most sense as many think it's best to avoid the Warriors until the Finals. But, if I were LeBron, I would use this next opportunity to transition my post-basketball life, and the best way to do that is to team up with a Billionaire, Jerry West and the City of Los Angeles and spend the next five years marketing his image and product in the best professional atmosphere possible. Jerry West would ensure that. The Lakers are a joke of a franchise under Magic's watch. It would even help him by squashing Lavar Ball season after season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    This makes the most sense as many think it's best to avoid the Warriors until the Finals. But, if I were LeBron, I would use this next opportunity to transition my post-basketball life, and the best way to do that is to team up with a Billionaire, Jerry West and the City of Los Angeles and spend the next five years marketing his image and product in the best professional atmosphere possible. Jerry West would ensure that. The Lakers are a joke of a franchise under Magic's watch. It would even help him by squashing Lavar Ball season after season.
    The only problem with the Clippers (and I agree with everything else) is that there’s no guarantee that the Clippers will even stay in LA. LeBron could be the face of the Sonics if Ballmer gets tired of being second fiddle to the Lakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The only problem with the Clippers (and I agree with everything else) is that there’s no guarantee that the Clippers will even stay in LA. LeBron could be the face of the Sonics if Ballmer gets tired of being second fiddle to the Lakers.
    LeBron, a while ago, stopped signing anything without an opt-out clause.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

David West, Zaza Pachulia, Nick Young, Kevon Looney and JaVale McGee are all unrestricted free agents, and Patrick McCaw is a restricted free agent. All of the unrestricted free agents are likely to be gone with McGee, in particular, likely to have priced himself out of the Bay Area.

The bad news for teams chasing the Warriors - read: every team: Don't expect a drop off in production once you get past the first seven players in the rotation.

Quinn Cook will replace Young. Jordan Bell and Damian Jones will likely replace West and McGee. It's even money as to whether they'll match any offer sheet for McCaw, and even if they don't, a shooter - such as Grayson Allen or Gary Trent Jr. - should be available to them late first round. And, given their recent history, they'll buy their way into the second round, just as when they landed McCaw and Bell, respectively. Plus, there are many potential ring-chasers out there.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Trevor Ariza said he wants to be a Warrior.

It became boring when the Lakers got bad. Beating them hasn't meant anything for quite a while.

I'm glad the Warriors are this good because it means something to beat them.

I enjoy the improvement that's happened in the West over the last 12 months.

Jrue Holiday is a huge factor in the West now. Rondo, if he returns, makes New Orleans a contender. If he doesn't return, they are still a contender if Cousins, returns, which is a big if for 2018-19, but Cousins should make an impact the following season. Should. Achille's and baeketball players who weigh 200 pounds, yet alone 300 pounds, are the most diffficult injuries to overcome, except for femur fractures. Cousins is the type of players who could be the inside the paint distributor almost on the scale of Sabonis. His passing was excellent last season. This would leave Mirotic and Davis to both work with Cousins.

New Orleans is a lock to contend for the next four seasons. Jrue Holiday and Mirotic and Davis are all going to grow together.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I hope the Jazz can come up with another reliable scorer either through free agency or the draft. When Donovan Mitchell is not on the floor (or is not shooting well), that offense can bog down in a hurry.

Also, after last year's playoff run, I wonder if Mitchell is capable of breaking through as a true star in the league. I think having the experience of playing 11 playoff games was very good for him and really introduced him to the world as having the potential to someday be one of the top few players in the league.
    Crowder needs to shoot less and Ingles needs to shoot more. Ingles, despite acting as a full-time distributor (4.8A/gm), could never get any calls from the refs (1 trip to the free throw line every other game....that's just blatant bad non-calls. Ingles is 30 already and it's not going to change, but he can't have nights where he stops shooting.

Ingles shot .440 from three on 464 attempts. He needs 600 attempts. Crowder, Mitchell and Rubio shoot too many 3's. Utah has an elite scorer in Ingles and he should be scoring 20 per night, but Utah, like Portland, has a distribution problem that Coaching needs to fix. With Rubio aboard, it can be fixed. Portland's issue goes deeper because C.J. won't pass.

Utah doesn't need another scorer on the first unit. I would make sure that whenever Crowder is on the floor that Rubio and Ingles are out there at the same time and make sure that Rubio and Ingles set things up for Ingles, and that Mitchell is off the floor when Crowder is on the floor. Favors and Mitchell matched together, while Ingles rests.

Trying to pry RFA VanVleet from Toronto or UFA Will Barton would be good targets. (Lillard would love to see the Blazers go after Barton.)
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-13-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Turn Off Ads?