Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19..The End of the Warriors' dominance!

Re: 2018-19..The End of the Warriors' dominance!

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    David West, Zaza Pachulia, Nick Young, Kevon Looney and JaVale McGee are all unrestricted free agents, and Patrick McCaw is a restricted free agent. All of the unrestricted free agents are likely to be gone with McGee, in particular, likely to have priced himself out of the Bay Area.

The bad news for teams chasing the Warriors - read: every team: Don't expect a drop off in production once you get past the first seven players in the rotation.

Quinn Cook will replace Young. Jordan Bell and Damian Jones will likely replace West and McGee. It's even money as to whether they'll match any offer sheet for McCaw, and even if they don't, a shooter - such as Grayson Allen or Gary Trent Jr. - should be available to them late first round. And, given their recent history, they'll buy their way into the second round, just as when they landed McCaw and Bell, respectively. Plus, there are many potential ring-chasers out there.
    You know, as dirty a player as Allen is, he would fit right in at Golden State.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-13-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It became boring when the Lakers got bad. Beating them hasn't meant anything for quite a while.

I'm glad the Warriors are this good because it means something to beat them.

I enjoy the improvement that's happened in the West over the last 12 months.

Jrue Holiday is a huge factor in the West now. Rondo, if he returns, makes New Orleans a contender. If he doesn't return, they are still a contender if Cousins, returns, which is a big if for 2018-19, but Cousins should make an impact the following season. Should. Achille's and baeketball players who weigh 200 pounds, yet alone 300 pounds, are the most diffficult injuries to overcome, except for femur fractures. Cousins is the type of players who could be the inside the paint distributor almost on the scale of Sabonis. His passing was excellent last season. This would leave Mirotic and Davis to both work with Cousins.

New Orleans is a lock to contend for the next four seasons. Jrue Holiday and Mirotic and Davis are all going to grow together.
    I don’t see Cousins coming back. He unfollowed everything from New Orleans on social media and they played better without him. Dallas is supposedly the favorite for signing him in free agency.

Part of me thinks Anthony Davis is going to end up on the Warriors eventually.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I was hoping they would all be friendly...like a pizza.
    Yea, I will bet you a pizza! Pizza and a six pack of beer/bottle of wine!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    OK. Makes it fun, especially if you need motivators for enjoying the season., ...except I don't know who I could purchase beer from and have it sent to you, unless I do it at a tavern/bar under your name and you use it there.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

OK. Makes it fun, especially if you need motivators for enjoying the season., ...except I don't know who I could purchase beer from and have it sent to you, unless I do it at a tavern/bar under your name and you use it there.
    We just could do Venmo or Paypal or something like that. We have an entire year to figure this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    We’re still waiting for FCBs first born, so there’s that.

9. Likes:

Chip R (06-15-2018)

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Tyus Jones had considered requesting a trade, but was assured by coach Tom Thibodeau that his minutes and opportunities would increase next season, according to Sean Deveney of the Sporting News.

Jones was frustrated by his lack of playing of time last season, but Thibs told TJ that with Jamal Crawford out of the picture, Jones would take on a more prominent role. Jones averaged 5.1 points, 2.8 assists and 1.2 steals in 17.9 minutes per game in 2017-18, while shooting 45.7 percent from the floor and 87.7 percent from the free-throw line.

Source: Sporting News
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

From my two most trusted sources covering all sports, Chris Haynes (covers the Warriors, covered the Cavs, covered the Blazers, ESPN correspondent) and Woj:

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio and would prefer to be traded to the Lakers, according to Chris Haynes and Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports is reporting the same info. It's clear that Kawhi and his camp wanted to make sure they got their point across. Per Shams, "Leonard has grown uncomfortable with the Spurs and is ready for a move." Leonard, who only appeared in nine games last season due to a debilitating quad injury and can opt out of his contract next summer, was reportedly set to meet with Gregg Popovich in New York this week. We can expect plenty of developments between now and the draft, but it appears Leonard may have played his last game as a Spur.

Source: Chris Haynes on Twitter

Guess that meeting with Pops didn't go so well.

- - - Updated - - -

Blazers will definitely make an offer. Pops loves Harkless and a C.J. or Zach Collins plus Harkless package is just the beginning of how Portland could make it work with San Antonio.

We already know Boston is going to make another offer, better than what they made at the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    So that Lakers offer is going to be something like Ball, Ingram and a pick.

Cavs will almost definitely offer Love and the 8 pick.

Everyone else has to worry about the one year rental. Cavs do to, but this is their only real chance to keep Lebron and the Spurs probably don’t want to trade him in the West.
    As Woj says obviously, the Spurs would never touch that POC Ball and his 3-ring circus.

Woj also points out that Leonard's desire to play with the Lakers is akin to George's desire to play for the Lakers. That never happened.

- - - Updated - - -

What Leonard wants, and what Leonard gets are two different things.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-15-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Trade him to the Nets to punish him.
    I can't see them giving him exactly what he wants, which means he's going anywhere but the Lakers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I doubt the Lakers offer both Ball and Ingram. One, but not both. Kyle Kuzma may be involved as well and it will also likely take Luol Dengs salary to make it work.

If I were the Lakers I’d (gulp) hold onto Ball and sign George and LeBron.

PG-Lonzo Ball
    SG-Kawhi Leonard
    SF-Paul George
    PF-LeBron James
    C-Nerlens Noel
    Won't happen. Never. Ever.

If the Clippers swung a deal for him, and they have the assets to do it, I think the Clippers would become LeBron's #1 choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Half the teams in the league are lining up offers.

I can't see them giving him exactly what he wants, which means he's going anywhere but the Lakers.

- - - Updated - - -

Won't happen. Never. Ever.
    Yeah the Spurs aren’t going to just help out the Lakers. If they take the Deng contract that allows them to get George and James than they are sending EVERYTHING to the Spurs.

17. Likes:

M2 (06-17-2018)

I guarantee Olshey, at the very least, has tried to contact Pops today.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Yeah the Spurs aren’t going to just help out the Lakers. If they take the Deng contract that allows them to get George and James than they are sending EVERYTHING to the Spurs.
    It doesn’t really matter anyways, this is essentially Paul George all over again, except we are waiting for another OKC (IMO Boston) to make the best offer.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    You know, as dirty a player as Allen is, he would fit right in at Golden State.
    I'll take him with Portland's pick if Hutchinson is gone.

Turn Off Ads?