Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone notice what Cody Reed is doing?

Re: Anyone notice what Cody Reed is doing?

A scoreless 3rd and no more walks. 2 walks, 4 ks through 3.

update: Though 5 with no more damage, 2 walks 6 k
    Last edited by klw; 06-29-2018 at 08:36 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Goggles ended up going 7 innings and allowing 8 runs total, 7 in the first and 1 in the 7th.

What a weird start.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (07-02-2018),Kingspoint (07-01-2018),OhioRiverBarge (06-30-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Goggles ended up going 7 innings and allowing 8 runs total, 7 in the first and 1 in the 7th.

What a weird start.

6. Likes:

cincyinco (07-01-2018),klw (08-09-2018),Tom Servo (06-30-2018)

That is an amazing line but it's further proof that he's not ready for MLB. In the bigs you don't get a chance to go 6 more innings after a 7 run first. You're outta there in the first and you kill your bullpen.

How many more Reds fans will Cody Reed fool?

I went back and watched the first inning. Explained a bit. First of all the runner was thrown out on the hit that scored the last 2 runs. Always wondered why a manager would leave a guy in after giving up 7 and the inning still in progress. It didn't happen that way.

He still had a rough inning, but one hit was a bunt, the Bats botched a double play, the last ball that plated 2 runs probably should have been caught.

He was slimmer and more in shape then I remembered him. Maybe I'll go look at his early start to see if it was faulty memory.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

9. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-01-2018),RED VAN HOT (07-01-2018),Tom Servo (07-01-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I went back and watched the first inning. Explained a bit. First of all the runner was thrown out on the hit that scored the last 2 runs. Always wondered why a manager would leave a guy in after giving up 7 and the inning still in progress. It didn't happen that way.

He still had a rough inning, but one hit was a bunt, the Bats botched a double play, the last ball that plated 2 runs probably should have been caught.

He was slimmer and more in shape then I remembered him. Maybe I'll go look at his early start to see if it was faulty memory.
    So he only really gave up 5 runs before the last play? Makes me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    So he only really gave up 5 runs before the last play? Makes me feel better.
    I think I smell sarcasm, but he should have been out of the inning with only 4 runs because the Bats second baseman screwed up a double play ball. And one of the hits was a bunt and one was a ground ball that got through because the second baseman vacated the spot on a hit and run.

It was not a good inning, but not the disaster it appeared without watching it. And explains why they left him in.

I reviewed the earlier game. Reed was always lean.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

12. Likes:

TRF (07-03-2018)

I'm sure there's a portion of Reds fans who don't want to hear it after Stephenson didn't kick the door down in his MLB return, and that's not without some merit, but this is pretty encouraging from Reed:

Obviously a larger sample size would be nice but even still this might be the best run he's been on in AAA since before his callup in 2016. He had some good stretches last season, and the one from this season that this thread was started from, but even those were plagued with some underlying BB and HR issues despite some low ERAs or innings totals. None of that here, right now he's dominating.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-09-2018),Griffey012 (08-09-2018),Hillsdale87 (08-09-2018),Redeyecat (08-10-2018)

Reed's last 11 starts have been pretty good.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

They are "pretty good" numbers overall but I'm basically past "pretty good" with Reed. He's at the point where he needs to be dominating and showing he's better than Triple A. He's started it and he needs to keep it up, and not slip back to "pretty good".

17. Likes:

mth123 (08-09-2018)

They are "pretty good" numbers overall but I'm basically past "pretty good" with Reed. He's at the point where he needs to be dominating and showing he's better than Triple A. He's started it and he needs to keep it up, and not slip back to "pretty good".
    WHIP 1.23
    K/9 9.67
    H/9 9.16
    BB/9 1.91
    HR/9 0.89

Looks like the ERA (3.57) in that time period has to do with that really high BAbip of .340 because
    the peripherals look more than pretty good there.
    Last edited by Flair4Horsemen; 08-09-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair4Horsemen View Post
    WHIP 1.23
    K/9 9.67
    BB/9 1.91
    HR/9 0.89

Looks like the ERA (3.57) in that time period has to do with that really high BAbip of .340 because
    the peripherals look more than pretty good there.
    I just think he's clearly hit a new gear. Look at those numbers before this recent stretch:

BABIP woes or not, that's not getting the job done. Massive HR/9 to go with an elevated BB/9.

It's his turn to be called up, walk 5, and be declared a lost cause by the masses of Redszone after 1 start.

21. Likes:

Flair4Horsemen (08-09-2018),Tom Servo (08-09-2018),TRF (08-09-2018)

I just think he's clearly hit a new gear. Look at those numbers before this recent stretch:

BABIP woes or not, that's not getting the job done. Massive HR/9 to go with an elevated BB/9.
    For the full season in Louisville, Reed's HR/9 and BB/9 are 1.1 and 2.6. We might be trying to out sample size ourselves.
    Last edited by Flair4Horsemen; 08-09-2018 at 11:51 AM.

I don't see what is being accomplished at this point with Reed. We can speculate from AAA numbers or we can actually see how he does in the bigs. Even out of the pen, Reds have suggested that at times.

I'd just bring him up, stick him in the bullpen, and see if he still has the same tendencies as before. Or if there is genuine improvement.

Mella should be at AAA, send him out and bring Reed up.

Turn Off Ads?