Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 6/25/18

Re: 6/25/18

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    It's one AB though and hes a rookie. Not to mention he hit 2 huge Homer's against the Cubs. Its was stupid he was put in that position at all.
    What does being a rookie have to do with it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

lol redszone calling Winker a platoon player because of 1 AB tonight after he hit a 3 run homer and a grand slam this weekend vs lefties

Neaaaaaaat
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

4. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (06-26-2018),Ron Madden (06-26-2018),WrongVerb (06-26-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    lol redszone calling Winker a platoon player because of 1 AB tonight after he hit a 3 run homer and a grand slam this weekend vs lefties

Neaaaaaaat
    I believe Pedro Strop is right handed?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    I believe Pedro Strop is right handed?
    My bad, you’re right, only 1 grand slam**
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Riggleman expected Winker to hit a sacrifice fly. Has he not seen him against lefties? He's basically a rookie. I don't care, that was a bad decision and Riggleman took no blame saying it was the fact that Winker didn't come through. I'm evaluating Jim vs. the field. This was a classic fail on his part. Hard to take blame, I guess. WE can now look at the manager's fault in the outcome and cast this as the first for Riggy.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

8. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (06-26-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    My bad, you’re right, only 1 grand slam**
    Which was a clutch grand slam I don't wanna take that away from him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Riggleman expected Winker to hit a sacrifice fly. Has he not seen him against lefties? He's basically a rookie. I don't care, that was a bad decision and Riggleman took no blame saying it was the fact that Winker didn't come through. I'm evaluating Jim vs. the field. This was a classic fail on his part. Hard to take blame, I guess. WE can now look at the manager's fault in the outcome and cast this as the first for Riggy.
    How much blame does Winker deserve?

What does being a rookie have to do with it?
    Because rookies aren't finished products. You take the good with the bad and there was a whole lot of good against the Cubs. You act like Votto and others dont have bad AB's. Its happens. Just too bad it had to happen after taking the bat out of 2 of the 3 best hitters on the teams hands. That is the fail here.

Which was a clutch grand slam I don't wanna take that away from him.

- - - Updated - - -

How much blame does Winker deserve?
    None. Not one iota. In the whole scheme of things, it was a learning experience for Jesse. We all learn from experience, something I hope the kid pitchers are doing now.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-27-2018),ochoa30 (06-26-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Because rookies aren't finished products. You take the good with the bad and there was a whole lot of good against the Cubs. You act like Votto and others dont have bad AB's. Its happens. Just too bad it had to happen after taking the bat out of 2 of the 3 best hitters on the teams hands. That is the fail here.
    I agree the bunt was a bad play and was a major fail. Winker also was a major fail that ab

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    None. Not one iota. In the whole scheme of things, it was a learning experience for Jesse. We all learn from experience, something I hope the kid pitchers are doing now.
    I put most of the blame on Winker. But you are right about a leaning experience. I hope he can be a stud hitter he has the talent to be for sure.
    Last edited by Rolando; 06-26-2018 at 01:19 AM.

You guys are not putting enough value on not having to get a hit to score the lead run in extra innings. The bunt does that and puts the onus directly on Winker to produce from a more doable situation than needing a hit, and a hit was no guarantee to score, especially with Tucker on 2nd. The Reds are not going to get into the post season so they must emphasize gaining maturity like not taking the pressure off pitchers by taking them out of jams in the middle innings so that they can become hardened to bearing down and getting thru it. Likewise with hitters to get the onus on them with key ABs to learn to have patience and prudence.

I think Riggleman has done a decent job so far.
    However some of his moves leave me shaking my head. I dislike his fondness of the bunt and it drives me crazy when he makes a double switch that removes good hitters from close games..
    Just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Cancel the printing of the playoff tickets.
    A True Believer

Turn Off Ads?