Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Euro soccer thread

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: 2018-19 Euro soccer thread

I think Burnley will be okay after they're no longer distracted with Europa League matches every week, although I don't think they're finishing seventh again. Newcastle is the team I'm looking at for a possible implosion as the season rolls on. Benitez is a good manager but it's still the same old owner, negative vibes and lack of investment. It won't take much to get that snowball rolling toward the relegation zone again.

Wolves should be popular with new fans of the PL: Great name, eye-catching colors, cool logo.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Turn Off Ads?

Champions league draw is here. https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...round=2000980/

Groups of death:

Atletico
    Dortmund
    Monaco
    Club Brugge

Barcelona
    Tottenham
    PSV
    Inter

PSG
    Napoli
    Liverpool
    Crvenza Zvezda

Man City
    Shaktar
    Lyon
    Hoffenheim

Juve
    ManU
    Valencia
    Young Boys

Easiest draw: Madrid. I'm actually not that happy about that. I'd rather see them have to battle a bit in the group stage than try to turn it on when the round of 16 arrives. Tottenham was very good for them last year.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

IslandRed (08-30-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Champions league draw is here. https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...round=2000980/

Groups of death:

Atletico
    Dortmund
    Monaco
    Club Brugge

Barcelona
    Tottenham
    PSV
    Inter

PSG
    Napoli
    Liverpool
    Crvenza Zvezda

Man City
    Shaktar
    Lyon
    Hoffenheim

Juve
    ManU
    Valencia
    Young Boys

Easiest draw: Madrid. I'm actually not that happy about that. I'd rather see them have to battle a bit in the group stage than try to turn it on when the round of 16 arrives. Tottenham was very good for them last year.
    I'd say the easiest draw is Group D, or the Group of Life as it were.

Lokomotiv Moscow
    FC Porto
    Schalke 04
    Galatasaray

This looks more like a Europa League draw.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

6. Likes:

M2 (08-30-2018)

Luka Modric UEFA player of the year trophy added to the golden ball trophy for best WC player. What a year!

8. Likes:

M2 (08-30-2018)

What does everybody think about the new UEFA Nations League that kicks off today. I'm intrigued, but skeptical it will work. It will be cool to see more meaningful and competitive international games. Germany and France today should be a good one.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    What does everybody think about the new UEFA Nations League that kicks off today. I'm intrigued, but skeptical it will work. It will be cool to see more meaningful and competitive international games. Germany and France today should be a good one.
    It will give all the feds more money and create an odd-year trophy event, which is the principal goal. Spices up Euro qualifying a bit too.

Can't complain about big games like France-Germany and Spain-England. Those a few and far between in traditional qualifying.

Does Thomas Muller have compromising pics of Low or something? It makes absolutely no sense to keep running him out there and everyone can see it. Muller should be in the MLS already.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Does Thomas Muller have compromising pics of Low or something? It makes absolutely no sense to keep running him out there and everyone can see it. Muller should be in the MLS already.
    I'm surprised Bayern didn't sell him to one of the many EPL clubs with more money than brains.

That ref in the Spain - England game should never ref at this level again. He was just awful, and incredibly one-sided.

Liverpool-PSG has been a hell of game. 2-2 with about 10 to play.

--

Firmino with the winner in extra time. Expect there to be a dissection of Mo Salah, who gave away the ball for the 2nd PSG goal and got subbed out for the Powercube. Even worse, after Firmino scored the camera panned to Klopp celebrating and behind him on the bench Salah was behind him, flinging his shin guard at the ground and spitting mad.
    Last edited by M2; 09-18-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Firmino with the winner in extra time. Expect there to be a dissection of Mo Salah, who gave away the ball for the 2nd PSG goal and got subbed out for the Powercube. Even worse, after Firmino scored the camera panned to Klopp celebrating and behind him on the bench Salah was behind him, flinging his shin guard at the ground and spitting mad.
    I noticed the same thing. It was strange. Salah was a liability the entire game. He’s not been on form recently.

I noticed the same thing. It was strange. Salah was a liability the entire game. He’s not been on form recently.
    I saw a longer clip and he was celebrating the goal with his hands in the air, so I don't think he was mad.

That was a phenomenal game. That Firmino cut back before the goal was filthy.

So it appears that if you want to watch anyone other than Real Madrid, you have to subscribe to Bleacher Report Live?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

18. Likes:

dabvu2498 (09-19-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    So it appears that if you want to watch anyone other than Real Madrid, you have to subscribe to Bleacher Report Live?
    Selling the rights to the CL to Turner/ B-R is akin to putting the World Series on TLC and the E network.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    They did back-to-back games both days. Ajax-AEK was the opener today.

Turn Off Ads?