Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Things Boilermaker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

All Things Boilermaker

Please tell me I'm not the ONLY Purdue fan on the board??? I know there are a few of those other Indiana school fans here and probably a boat load of Nuts but can't wait for the 2nd season of Coach Brohm!

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-23-2018),Donder (07-19-2018)

Re: All Things Boilermaker

Quote Originally Posted by DatRedsFan View Post
    Please tell me I'm not the ONLY Purdue fan on the board??? I know there are a few of those other Indiana school fans here and probably a boat load of Nuts but can't wait for the 2nd season of Coach Brohm!
    You are not alone. However I’m not a football guy. Purdue basketball is really the only sports team I follow in addition to the Reds.

4. Likes:

DatRedsFan (07-19-2018)

Purdue has a football team?

Funny story, I was helping a buddy of mine move years ago during the OSU vs Purdue game. My buddy's in laws are Purdue grads and football fans. Purdue was beating OSU in a game they had no business winning. I pretty much gave up hope and they started the ragging more and more. I pretty much had given up on the game as Braxton was out and Kenny Guiton was in at QB. Well we all know what happened, and as the game was ending, my wife peaked her head around the corner and asked my buddies in laws why they were so quiet?

I appreciate you guys keeping Brohm occupied until Louisville needs him back.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think Brohm is after bigger things than Lousiville. Boiler up!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I think Brohm is after bigger things than Lousiville. Boiler up!!!!!
    I think, Purdue has the potential to be a better job than Louisville. They play in a fiscally better conference, and play in a far weaker division. Their biggest issue is recruiting grounds, Indiana isn't exactly a hot bed of football, and the good players are being recruited by the blue blood programs.

If Brohm is successful, I think his next step is a blue blood program.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think, Purdue has the potential to be a better job than Louisville. They play in a fiscally better conference, and play in a far weaker division. Their biggest issue is recruiting grounds, Indiana isn't exactly a hot bed of football, and the good players are being recruited by the blue blood programs.

If Brohm is successful, I think his next step is a blue blood program.
    Agree with everything you said there. And on a side side note Purdue needs to win those recruiting battles like they once did for in-state talent(minus ND).

I think, Purdue has the potential to be a better job than Louisville.
    It's got the potential to be. For whatever reason,it just really hasn't been for close to the last 30 years.

That said, I really like Jeff (and the whole Brohm family) and hope he has tons of success at Purdue. I'd be happy to see Purdue competing for Big Ten titles.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 08-21-2018 at 05:22 PM.

It's got the potential to be. For whatever reason,it just really hasn't been for close to the last 30 years.

That said, I really like Jeff (and the whole Brohm family) and hope he has tons of success at Purdue. I'd be happy to see Purdue competing for Big Ten titles.
    And Joe Tiller says "Hello".

12. Likes:

Hoosier Red (10-26-2018),redsfanmia (08-24-2018)

Purdue is in a tough recruiting spot. In order to win you need a really good coach who gives you an advantage over most teams you play. They are going to struggle to bring in top notch local talent, and Indiana is not exactly a hot bed of recruiting. They MUST own the guys that ND and OSU don't go after in Indiana, and even in the surrounding states. They need to get the top tier guys who would go to UC or even IU.

But I think it goes back to the idea that Purdue is not going to be able to line up and beat you playing traditional football. But they can be very competitive with a coach who realizes that and has a better scheme.

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-22-2018)

Unfortunately, I fear we're going to have to call him home sooner than anticipated. It's getting ugly for Bobby in Louisville.

Unfortunately, I fear we're going to have to call him home sooner than anticipated. It's getting ugly for Bobby in Louisville.
    Is it foregone that he is going to UL?

I think the B1G is a tougher conference in general, especially with The U and FSU dreadful. That said, the B1G West is winnable every year for a team like Purdue if they get rolling. They don't have to run the OSU, PSU, UM, and MSU gauntlet each and every season. Wisconsin is the premier divisional opponent and I think Brohm can build just as good of a program if not better that Wiscy.

I don't know, I just don't see the appeal to UL as it stands right now.

17. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-24-2018),RedTeamGo! (10-24-2018),Revering4Blue (10-24-2018)

I think the B1G is a tougher conference in general, especially with The U and FSU dreadful. That said, the B1G West is winnable every year for a team like Purdue if they get rolling. They don't have to run the OSU, PSU, UM, and MSU gauntlet each and every season. Wisconsin is the premier divisional opponent and I think Brohm can build just as good of a program if not better that Wiscy.

Completely agree.......and there is also the possibility that the NFL comes calling.

Don't disagree with any of this, but Brohm hails from the First Family of Louisville football (and Louisville high school football). Cant say it's a foregone conclusion he'd go back to Louisville, but it's different for him than it would be for basically anyone else.

Personally, I'd give Petrino another year. I think his history is good enough he should survive one bad year. But we shall see.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-25-2018)

Don't disagree with any of this, but Brohm hails from the First Family of Louisville football (and Louisville high school football). Cant say it's a foregone conclusion he'd go back to Louisville, but it's different for him than it would be for basically anyone else.

Personally, I'd give Petrino another year. I think his history is good enough he should survive one bad year. But we shall see.
    Sometimes the "prodigal son" never comes back. But I think your second paragraph is spot on.

Turn Off Ads?