Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Things Boilermaker

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: All Things Boilermaker

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Is it foregone that he is going to UL?

I think the B1G is a tougher conference in general, especially with The U and FSU dreadful. That said, the B1G West is winnable every year for a team like Purdue if they get rolling. They don't have to run the OSU, PSU, UM, and MSU gauntlet each and every season. Wisconsin is the premier divisional opponent and I think Brohm can build just as good of a program if not better that Wiscy.

I don't know, I just don't see the appeal to UL as it stands right now.
    Completely agree.......and there is also the possibility that the NFL comes calling.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Is it foregone that he is going to UL?

I think the B1G is a tougher conference in general, especially with The U and FSU dreadful. That said, the B1G West is winnable every year for a team like Purdue if they get rolling. They don't have to run the OSU, PSU, UM, and MSU gauntlet each and every season. Wisconsin is the premier divisional opponent and I think Brohm can build just as good of a program if not better that Wiscy.

I don't know, I just don't see the appeal to UL as it stands right now.
    Don't disagree with any of this, but Brohm hails from the First Family of Louisville football (and Louisville high school football). Cant say it's a foregone conclusion he'd go back to Louisville, but it's different for him than it would be for basically anyone else.

Personally, I'd give Petrino another year. I think his history is good enough he should survive one bad year. But we shall see.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-25-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Don't disagree with any of this, but Brohm hails from the First Family of Louisville football (and Louisville high school football). Cant say it's a foregone conclusion he'd go back to Louisville, but it's different for him than it would be for basically anyone else.

Personally, I'd give Petrino another year. I think his history is good enough he should survive one bad year. But we shall see.
    Sometimes the "prodigal son" never comes back. But I think your second paragraph is spot on.

Well, time to find out whether Brohm wants to go home. The Boilers' performance yesterday is pretty suspicious in light of the Louisville news.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Well, time to find out whether Brohm wants to go home. The Boilers' performance yesterday is pretty suspicious in light of the Louisville news.
    Interesting indeed....as the Boilers get curb stomped.

Well I was gonna start a separate thread for this. But I think Tyler would have wanted it to be here. RIP young man.

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2019/...nt-passes-away

9. Likes:

bucksfan2 (01-02-2019),Chip R (01-02-2019),Kingspoint (01-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by DatRedsFan View Post
    Offensively, yes. I am curious as to how he will look on the defensive end. Painter is a hard nosed man to man coach.

Turn Off Ads?