Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who has the better season?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dalton

21 91.30%
  • McCarron

2 8.70%

Thread: Dalton or McCarron... Who has the better season?

Dalton or McCarron... Who has the better season?

Polls dont work. RedsZone is broken.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dalton or McCarron... Who has the better season?

Isn’t McCarron currently listed as third on the depth chart?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

On the depth chart released by the team, both McCarron and Peterman are listed as the team’s first-string quarterback with Allen as the third-string QB.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 08-11-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I live within 30 mins of Bills camp and all reports have been fairly meh on McCarron since the start. I do see him starting game 1 as Peterman is downright awful.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I watched the QB's in the game this week. You can see why Allen was picked. has a rocket for an arm. But he was definitely raw. Don't see him starting for a while. Part of that reason is that both McCarron and Peterman (who started) looked very good.

Base on what I saw this game I'd give the edge to Peterman. His only blemish was an interception that hit Chris Ivory in a bad place (hands) and went to a defender.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I watched the QB's in the game this week. You can see why Allen was picked. has a rocket for an arm. But he was definitely raw. Don't see him starting for a while. Part of that reason is that both McCarron and Peterman (who started) looked very good.

Base on what I saw this game I'd give the edge to Peterman. His only blemish was an interception that hit Chris Ivory in a bad place (hands) and went to a defender.
    McCarron deserves a start behind the the #1 O line. He had Russell Bodine in front of him

McCarron has suffered a hairline fracture of his collarbone according to the Buffalo News.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    McCarron has suffered a hairline fracture of his collarbone according to the Buffalo News.
    Not good. He had terrible protection tonight and he was playing behind the #1s. I don't think he was going to win the starting job anyway but now there's no way he wins it. Question now is will they even keep him. It sure looks like he'll be a FA two yrs in a row

If I'm guessing.... and I am..... I say the keep him this year. I think Peterman was going to beat him out short term anyway, and Allen hopefully long term. Rogers missed 6 weeks with his. They could roll with McCarrron being on the 53 but one of the inactives for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If I'm guessing.... and I am..... I say the keep him this year. I think Peterman was going to beat him out short term anyway, and Allen hopefully long term. Rogers missed 6 weeks with his. They could roll with McCarrron being on the 53 but one of the inactives for a month.
    That's my guess as well but it does pretty well shoot down any chance of starting and after all, isn't that why he left the Bengals anyway? If you're going to be a backup, why leave Cincinnati for Buffalo?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's my guess as well but it does pretty well shoot down any chance of starting and after all, isn't that why he left the Bengals anyway? If you're going to be a backup, why leave Cincinnati for Buffalo?
    True...and it might still work out for him. All it takes is for Peterman to not be very good, and Allen to not be ready at the end of those 4 games, and he's the man.

Turn Off Ads?