Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2018

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

IU Football-2018

Nice little piece on the IU admin's screw-up that affected one of their prized recruits last year........

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indi...s-coming-soon/

2. Likes:

BillDoran (08-11-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: IU Football-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Nice little piece on the IU admin's screw-up that affected one of their prized recruits last year........

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indi...s-coming-soon/
    The fact that Bryant Fitzgerald could not play football last year is abominable. There's plenty of blame to go around, but, holy cow, the NCAA's immediate denials were appallingly bad.

Just one more piece of evidence as to why the NCAA needs to be blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    The fact that Bryant Fitzgerald could not play football last year is abominable. There's plenty of blame to go around, but, holy cow, the NCAA's immediate denials were appallingly bad.

Just one more piece of evidence as to why the NCAA needs to be blown up.
    Well what is done is done. Looking forward to seeing him on the field this year.

Looking at the schedule I would guess right around that 6-6 mark. But I am keeping my fingers crossed for 8-4.

Well what is done is done. Looking forward to seeing him on the field this year.

Looking at the schedule I would guess right around that 6-6 mark. But I am keeping my fingers crossed for 8-4.
    My concern with this year's bunch is that the starting QB's will continue to underwhelm with no one guy proving to be head and shoulders above the other two.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    My concern with this year's bunch is that the starting QB's will continue to underwhelm with no one guy proving to be head and shoulders above the other two.
    Hmmm, sounds like what's going on in Knoxville...

http://www.idsnews.com/article/2018/...qbbattle081418

Good read. I think Dawkins wins the job because he’s more explosive running the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Good read. I think Dawkins wins the job because he’s more explosive running the ball.
    https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...en/1040536002/

Apparently Ramsey's won the job. Quite honestly, he's the one I'm least excited in seeing win it, but hopefully he surpasses my expectations.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Apparently Ramsey's won the job. Quite honestly, he's the one I'm least excited in seeing win it, but hopefully he surpasses my expectations.
    Yeah, I am disappointed myself.

And what would IU football be with out a suspension? Morgan Ellison has been suspended indefinitely. One starter down....who is next?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

And what would IU football be with out a suspension? Morgan Ellison has been suspended indefinitely. One starter down....who is next?
    Looks like Ellison has been Wally Pipped. Then again, assuming Ellison returns from his suspension, the Hoosiers will have an embarrassment of riches at the RB position.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-10-2018),Hoosier Red (09-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Looks like Ellison has been Wally Pipped. Then again, assuming Ellison returns from his suspension, the Hoosiers will have an embarrassment of riches at the RB position.
    I am really starting to get excited about this squad.

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I'm doing my best not to get too attached to any of the guys, but Penix, Scott, and Taylor sure have looked impressive.
    One thing I've noticed over the last 5-10 years is that the talent level at IU has upgraded primarily at the bottom of the roster. I heard Buck Suhr say prior to the first game of the season, there's no one on the travel roster that doesn't at least look like a Big Ten football player.
    However, outside of Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard(the latter of whom fell into the Hoosiers laps), there haven't been any players that really scream future NFL playmaker. One reason they've been able to whether the graduations/NFL promotions of the WR so well is that they have a lot of guys who are fringy NFL talent WR.

On one hand, this is good. It sets a floor above where previous IU teams would fall. I don't think any team in Tom Allen's tenure will fail to win a Big Ten game for instance, or go 2-10.
    However, the next step is finding (and developing) those next level talents that can elevate the team from the muddled middle to the tier of pretty good/occasionally great B1G teams.

19. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-12-2018),Revering4Blue (09-13-2018)

I'm doing my best not to get too attached to any of the guys, but Penix, Scott, and Taylor sure have looked impressive.
    One thing I've noticed over the last 5-10 years is that the talent level at IU has upgraded primarily at the bottom of the roster. I heard Buck Suhr say prior to the first game of the season, there's no one on the travel roster that doesn't at least look like a Big Ten football player.
    However, outside of Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard(the latter of whom fell into the Hoosiers laps), there haven't been any players that really scream future NFL playmaker. One reason they've been able to whether the graduations/NFL promotions of the WR so well is that they have a lot of guys who are fringy NFL talent WR.

On one hand, this is good. It sets a floor above where previous IU teams would fall. I don't think any team in Tom Allen's tenure will fail to win a Big Ten game for instance, or go 2-10.
    However, the next step is finding (and developing) those next level talents that can elevate the team from the muddled middle to the tier of pretty good/occasionally great B1G teams.
    Pretty spot on assessment. Hopefully as a result of what you mentioned, the next time a dynamic guy like Tevin Coleman does come through, the surrounding cast will be good enough to turn the team into an upper tier big ten team.

Have you read/heard about the new trainers that were brought onto IU staff? They sound like they are working wonders with the athletes and could really be an advantage for the Hoosiers over some other squads of similar talent levels. Nice to see them on the front edge of player development, unlike another team that wears Red.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...my/1195826002/
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

21. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-12-2018),Hoosier Red (09-14-2018),Revering4Blue (09-13-2018)

Turn Off Ads?