Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2018

Re: IU Football-2018

Some interesting numbers for sure. I think a lot of people will be overreacting their narratives in either direction based on what IU does Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Some interesting numbers for sure. I think a lot of people will be overreacting their narratives in either direction based on what IU does Saturday.
    I don't know about their narratives. But this is the biggest game IU football has had in quite sometime.....maybe since 1987? Very few stick out in my mind that is how bad the Hoosiers have been. I ain't asking for much, just be respectable. But it could be worse......I could be a Purdue fan!!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I did not see the game. Do you agree with this from the Indy Star?

...the Hoosiers were also clearly the second-best team on the field in nearly every measurable way.
    https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...or/1384683002/

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I did not see the game. Do you agree with this from the Indy Star?

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...or/1384683002/
    I wouldn't say I completely agree with it. But I can't argue with any of it either. I was frustrated myself. The game could have been won.

Well we didn't beat the Bucks yesterday.......here is our consolation prize

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...rom-ohio-state

Huge get.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-08-2018),Sea Ray (10-08-2018)

An incredibly huge get. My question is where's everyone going to play. If there's one thing IU's done well the last two classes, it's been recruiting running backs.

Ronnie Walker was the highest ranked 2018 recruit, he's played some but not a ton.
    Stevie Scott has obviously dazzled in spurts in his chances.

Obviously, the most important aspect here is collecting talent. But I'm wondering if they're going to have trouble getting everyone touches that deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

An incredibly huge get. My question is where's everyone going to play. If there's one thing IU's done well the last two classes, it's been recruiting running backs.

Ronnie Walker was the highest ranked 2018 recruit, he's played some but not a ton.

Obviously, the most important aspect here is collecting talent. But I'm wondering if they're going to have trouble getting everyone touches that deserve them.
    They definitely are not RB poor. And I have no idea what they are going to do. As an IU fan, I am not used to this.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Considering all IU QBs are athletic as opposed to previous seasons, I wouldn't be surprised to see more multi-back formations in the future (The Pistol-Diamond formation that Virginia employed with Perkins, for example). This would be a nice option (no pun intended) and wrinkle to an offensive scheme that hasn't scratched the surface in regards to potential - and I'm speaking from a foundational standpoint as opposed to just this season.

OC Mike DeBord has to be licking his chops.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-08-2018),Hoosier Red (10-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Considering all IU QBs are athletic as opposed to previous seasons, I wouldn't be surprised to see more multi-back formations in the future (The Pistol-Diamond formation that Virginia employed with Perkins, for example). This would be a nice option (no pun intended) and wrinkle to an offensive scheme that hasn't scratched the surface in regards to potential - and I'm speaking from a foundational standpoint as opposed to just this season.

OC Mike DeBord has to be licking his chops.
    Like the thinking......I already brought it up on the IU board after the Ohio St. game and before the commitment. Stack that backfield. Show them something they haven't seen. T-formation, Wishbone, Power I-right, Power I-left. I say they get that stuff implemented right now TBH.

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-08-2018)

I didn't get a chance to watch the game on Saturday but was pretty shocked to see the final score. I was expecting a well fought game...what happened?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I didn't get a chance to watch the game on Saturday but was pretty shocked to see the final score. I was expecting a well fought game...what happened?
    Basically IU sucked at every facet of the game. No offense, no defense, turnovers, penalties, special teams........

20. Likes:

Griffey012 (10-15-2018),Revering4Blue (10-15-2018)

Turn Off Ads?