Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: IU Football-2018

Re: IU Football-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Basically IU sucked at every facet of the game. No offense, no defense, turnovers, penalties, special teams........
    Well, lucky for me I was enjoying Keeneland instead of watching that game.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Likes:

Hoosier Red (10-15-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Another valiant effort by the Hoosiers. Special teams sucked, too many penalties, and some big time coaching mistakes. 2 wins away from a bowl game and I don't see them getting them.

Another valiant effort by the Hoosiers. Special teams sucked, too many penalties, and some big time coaching mistakes. 2 wins away from a bowl game and I don't see them getting them.
    There's definitely games they "could" win. I think the effort they put forward on Saturday probably beats Maryland and maybe beats Minnesota most games. But yeah the margin for error is essentially zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    There's definitely games they "could" win. I think the effort they put forward on Saturday probably beats Maryland and maybe beats Minnesota most games. But yeah the margin for error is essentially zero.
    Yep, they have no margin of error. But I look at their losses, aside from thinking what if, and they have been beaten by some fine football teams. tOSU, MSU, and PSU, the Hoosiers were in those games. Iowa just crushed them.

More bad news out of Bloomington........

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indi...or-now-backup/

More bad news out of Bloomington........

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indi...or-now-backup/
    Yep, and this hurts IU two ways since I'm sure they won't let Taylor play any WR or RB snaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Yep, and this hurts IU two ways since I'm sure they won't let Taylor play any WR or RB snaps.
    Well I hope they continue to use Reese in that capacity.......but Lord knows what DeBord has up his sleeve.

Wow, they actually won? Amazing.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-10-2018)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Wow, they actually won? Amazing.
    Basketball started, they still play football???
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Basketball started, they still play football???
    Unfortunately........yes.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Preface: This is NOT an indictment of Coach Tom Allen, as I believe that he'll eventually sap whatever potential this program possesses.

That said, yesterday was frustrating considering that the game was there for the taking. A moral victory, I suppose...but those are, IMO, getting very old. I realize that the divisions are ridiculously unbalanced, and the IU job (like it or not) is one of the toughest jobs in the conference. But, if we're speaking of general program expectations, IMHO, there is no reason that this program shouldn't be on par with, say, Northwestern. Is that unreasonable?

Nevertheless, it all come down to Saturday's “bucket and a bowl” game against Purdue. Thank goodness for home field adventage.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-18-2018),Sea Ray (11-18-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Preface: This is NOT an indictment of Coach Tom Allen, as I believe that he'll eventually sap whatever potential this program possesses.

That said, yesterday was frustrating considering that the game was there for the taking. A moral victory, I suppose...but those are, IMO, getting very old. I realize that the divisions are ridiculously unbalanced, and the IU job (like it or not) is one of the toughest jobs in the conference. But, if we're speaking of general program expectations, IMHO, there is no reason that this program shouldn't be on par with, say, Northwestern. Is that unreasonable?

Nevertheless, it all come down to Saturday's “bucket and a bowl” game against Purdue. Thank goodness for home field adventage.
    TBH, I want Allen removed, it ain't like he took over a dumpster fire.

Yesterday's game was very disappointing. Same ole same ole. As a life long IU fan I really don't ask for much as far as football. I would be fine being on par with Northwestern or say Iowa.

This bucket game will be quite interesting.

Yesterday's game was very disappointing. Same ole same ole. As a life long IU fan I really don't ask for much as far as football. I would be fine being on par with Northwestern or say Iowa.

I don't see why IU can't be Mich ST. The Spartans are another basketball first school with recruiting challenges and play in the rugged Big Ten East

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't see why IU can't be Mich ST. The Spartans are another basketball first school with recruiting challenges and play in the rugged Big Ten East
    I wouldn't say MSU is a basketball first school.....but I would love to achieve what they are doing as well on the gridiron.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Along with the late Terry Hoeppner - who, IMHO, would still be coaching the Hoosiers today were it not for his untimely death - Allen is the only defensive-oriented head coach since Mallory, which has no doubt played a factor in the program's stagnation. For that reason alone, I feel as though the program's ceiling under is Allen- and I'm not suggesting positively that said ceiling will be achieved - is higher than any previous post-Mallory IU FB head coach not named Hoeppner.

IMHO, if Allen isn't given at least as much time as Kevin Wilson (pre-Wilson's bowl appearance), it may be tough to attract a quality candidate.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?