Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 8/13/18 Cleveland @ Cincinnati

Re: 8/13/18 Cleveland @ Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    That’s kinda harsh on Garrett and Lorenzen isn’t it? Garrett has shown a lot of promise at the bare minimum and Lorenzen is sitting at 2.86 ERA right now
    They haven't been that good, and the Reds need to move on from the marginal players to improve the team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Feel like I don't need to see much more of Preston Tucker. It was worth giving him some ABs to see if he could get something going but just hasn't shown much, I'd just give Ervin and Williams every day corner ABs until Schebler is back.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Dixon pitching, Lorenzen playing RF

lmao Dixon makes Jose Ramirez strike out and lose his bat
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Dixon get Lindor, Brantley and Ramirez out in order. K,d Ramirez on 3 pitches.

Zero excitement. At any level of the organization. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    They haven't been that good, and the Reds need to move on from the marginal players to improve the team.
    The problem is how do you come by players that are better than marginal players and hold on to them beyond a couple of years before their market value is too high. I think for a small market team that can't afford many high dollar contracts, you have to have some marginal players grow to be very good, and for it to happen for several together in a narrow window of time, before their market value is un-affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    The problem is how do you come by players that are better than marginal players and hold on to them beyond a couple of years before their market value is too high. I think for a small market team that can't afford many high dollar contracts, you have to have some marginal players grow to be very good, and for it to happen for several together in a narrow window of time, before their market value is un-affordable.
    Like Cleveland...

Turn Off Ads?