Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: 8.15.18 Cleveland @ Reds

Re: 8.15.18 Cleveland @ Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Didn’t see the game. What in the world was Suarez doing? 5ks and looked like all terrible ABs. Chasing or just swinging through stuff?
    Also victimized by a couple of very tough called 3rd strikes right on the very low outside corner, just ticking the zone, and then also on a bad call on a 3rd strike. He seemed incredulous going back to the dugout without saying anything to the ump.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    Seems like he may have a flippant attitude and not value each opportunity to make an out or move the offense along.
    Peraza has a reputation for hard work and a serious attitude to the game. I know of no evidence of a flippant attitude. I don't see much advantage having BH run on contact there, it was an easy out and you lose having BH and Peraza both in scoring position.

Presumably Peraza decided it was too risky to run to third for whatever reason. It ultimately didn't matter, Suarez struck out, but I'm not sure about the whole strategy.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-16-2018 at 12:19 AM.

4. Likes:

Roy Tucker (08-16-2018)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Peraza has a reputation for hard work and a serious attitude to the game. I know of no evidence of a flippant attitude. I don't see much advantage having BH run on contact there, it was an easy out and you lose having BH and Peraza both in scoring position.

Presumably Peraza decided it was too risky to run to third for whatever reason. It ultimately didn't matter, Suarez struck out, but I'm not sure about the whole strategy.
    How did they lose Pedraza in scoring position?

How could Pedraza decide it was too risky to run to third. The play was to home, he could have crawled there as long as he leaves the moment the ball is hit on the ground.

The whole reason that teams put the contact play on is that it's takes too long to see if a ball is hit directly at a fielder. If you wait, you can't score on a ground ball that a fielder reaches for. The infield was playing back. Percentages dictate that Hamilton would score on the vast majority of ground balls. Even marginal ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    Government
    Weather forecasters too.

Stephenson ain't looking so good. They can keep him in rotation the rest of the season and see how it goes. But if there isn't significant improvement there is no need in wasting time with him next spring. If you want to try him in the bullpen then fine but starting should be out of the question without significant improvement the last five weeks of this season.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 08-16-2018 at 07:07 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by '69 View Post
    I know, I thought someone posted Thom likes boy bands...?
    Yeah, but then he started talking about Boy George.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    Also victimized by a couple of very tough called 3rd strikes right on the very low outside corner, just ticking the zone, and then also on a bad call on a 3rd strike. He seemed incredulous going back to the dugout without saying anything to the ump.
    Don't know if "victimized" is totally accurate....One of the first things you learn going back to little league is to protect yourself with 2 strikes....I didn't see Suarez complaining about it tonight so I'm not pointing at him here but constant i see guys ***** and moan about borderline 3rd strike calls and it drives me nuts....protect yourself at the plate and extend the zone enough to avoid the bad borderline calls

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    extend the zone enough to avoid the bad borderline calls
    Expanding the zone just leads to more strikeouts and weak grounders, so no don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair4Horsemen View Post
    Expanding the zone just leads to more strikeouts and weak grounders, so no don't do that.
    When you’ve struck out 3 times in 3 ABs you do what you have to to not K again. If it’s close with 2, you better either foul it off or just try and put it in play

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    When you’ve struck out 3 times in 3 ABs you do what you have to to not K again. If it’s close with 2, you better either foul it off or just try and put it in play
    Each at bat is an independent event, don't go chasing because you failed earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair4Horsemen View Post
    Each at bat is an independent event, don't go chasing because you failed earlier.
    On paper it is, but in real life, to the players themselves, no.

Turn Off Ads?