Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non Reds Prospects you have seen this season or been impressed with.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Non Reds Prospects you have seen this season or been impressed with.

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    3 Wander Francos? Sounds like Wanderlust to me.
    If they played soccer, during free kicks they could form a WanderWall. At family reunions, everyone has a Wanderful time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Is Wander Spanish for Daryl?
    Or Pete? (Think Nickelodeon.)
    Or George? (If they are from Houston.)

4. Likes:

klw (08-23-2018)

Adding a few other names:

Gavin Lux - LAD SS, 2016 1st rounder (20), tore up A+ and has done the same at AA. Were questions about his bat/power coming into the year but has answered those.
    Nolan Gorman - 2018 STL first rounder out of HS. Monster power. He went straight to the Appy league and tore it up, promoted to A ball already and holding his own. Hitting for power there but K's have understandably spiked.
    Royce Lewis - 2017 1st overall pick. I think there were some questions about just how good he would be coming into this year. He has been great all year and now looks like a multi-tool tool star.
    Jesus Luzardo - acquired by A's in the Doolittle trade last year. Has climbed from A+ to AAA and dominated every level at 20 years old.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Adding a few other names:

Gavin Lux - LAD SS, 2016 1st rounder (20), tore up A+ and has done the same at AA. Were questions about his bat/power coming into the year but has answered those.
    Nolan Gorman - 2018 STL first rounder out of HS. Monster power. He went straight to the Appy league and tore it up, promoted to A ball already and holding his own. Hitting for power there but K's have understandably spiked.
    Royce Lewis - 2017 1st overall pick. I think there were some questions about just how good he would be coming into this year. He has been great all year and now looks like a multi-tool tool star.
    Jesus Luzardo - acquired by A's in the Doolittle trade last year. Has climbed from A+ to AAA and dominated every level at 20 years old.
    Luzardo frustrates me a bit because he was there at the start of the 3rd round in 2016. He was either just coming off or going to need TJ surgery, which scared some teams (including the Reds) off. They took Nick Hansen instead.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

7. Likes:

Griffey012 (08-23-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Luzardo frustrates me a bit because he was there at the start of the 3rd round in 2016. He was either just coming off or going to need TJ surgery, which scared some teams (including the Reds) off. They took Nick Hansen instead.
    Thanks for sharing that tidbit and ruining my day. It would be worse if you didn't have such nice hair.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

9. Likes:

WrongVerb (08-23-2018)

Kopech who I saw a few weeks before his call up to Chicago diagnosed with a torn UCL...awful news and it shows how fragile pitching prospects can be.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?