3. Scooter Gennett(L) 2B
    4. Eugenio Suarez(R) 3B
    5. Phillip Ervin(R) CF
    6. Tucker Barnhart(B) C
    7. Curt Casali(R) 1B
    8. Dilson Herrera(R) LF
    9. Luis Castillo(R) P

Re: 8/25/18 Reds at Cubs

Still not sure why they don't just play Scooter at 1B, eliminates the dumb elements like a backup catcher playing 1B and 2B playing LF.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

3. Likes:

'69 (08-25-2018),Flair4Horsemen (08-25-2018),JaxRed (08-25-2018),Kinsm (08-25-2018),Ron Madden (08-25-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Still not sure why they don't just play Scooter at 1B, eliminates the dumb elements like a backup catcher playing 1B and 2B playing LF.
    I don't know why they just don't play Herrera at 1B. He actually has more professional experience at 1B than Scooter.

I see a Lenny Harris type of career in store for him. Utility INF/OF and bat off the bench.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 08-25-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

5. Likes:

klw (08-25-2018)

www.TheMagGuy.com

Is it time to send down Dixon until Sept call ups?
    And give someone else a chance for the next week 5-6 days.
    Not sure if he is even ready for AA ball right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I don't know why they just don't play Herrera at 1B. He actually has more professional experience at 1B than Scooter.

I see a Lenny Harris type of career in store for him. Utility INF/OF and bat off the bench.
    Herrera is going to wind up as a starting second baseman someplace, just not with the Reds. He's going to be traded this off season, or at least he should be.

www.TheMagGuy.com

Very much agreed. (With the emergence of Peraza this season)
    Would have been nice to get a little more out of Bruce at the time, but I also wish Dilson would do well the rest of the season and up his value.
    I think he will play a lot for "display" reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post

Dilson isn’t that versatile defensively. So far, my sense is he’s a regular ok player with good power. That’s the one thing I see potentially above average.

He may go all EE on us later, but I don’t see a stand-out player there. Wouldn’t be disappointed if he goes in a trade.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-25-2018 at 03:58 PM.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Thom's erection from that Garrett-Baez confrontation earlier this season has lasted more than 4 hours. He needs to seek medical attention.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Dilson isn’t that versatile defensively. So far, my sense is he’s a regular ok player with good power. That’s the one thing I see potentially above average.

He may go all EE on us later, but I don’t see a stand-out player there. Wouldn’t be disappointed if he goes in a trade.
    Harris played a lot of positions (1B, 2B, 3B, OF) at an average to below average level. I see Herrera as potentially doing the same thing (2B & LF so far, possibly 1B & 3B down the road). I think Herrera does have more power, but I don't know if he has enough ability to stick as a regular. I still think his future role is as a solid utility player off the bench, either here or somewhere else.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

It’s just so obvious that it makes me second guess myself, like hey, maybe this organization has a plan I don’t see, same with the non trades and what not. Then I look at our record the past 5 years, the mishandling of every pitching prospect, and the unforgiveable, franchise killing Chapman trade and I’m reminded, nope, it is that obvious. The decision makers are just awful at what they do.

Cubs might run wild on the bases today. Weak arms in both OF corners and a guy who can't hit the cut-off man in center.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Cubs might run wild on the bases today. Weak arms in both OF corners and a guy who can't hit the cut-off man in center.
    Hopefully Luis limits their opportunities.

- - - Updated - - -

It sure would. Makes zero sense.

www.TheMagGuy.com

Most "twilight" comebacks are not successful.
    It is very cool to see Matt Holliday make it all the way back to the bigs.
    Especially making the roster of a Playoff contender.
    And he looks exactly the same. Still with arms like fence posts. lol
    Cool story.

And welcome back SCHEBLER with a base hit!l

16. Likes:

'69 (08-25-2018)

I think Billy would have caught that Zobrist single....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I think Billy would have caught that Zobrist single....
    Mr. C, is that you? Just kidding. We all love Billy for what he is.

Turn Off Ads?