Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Minor league system is a bottom 5 system.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Minor league system is a bottom 5 system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    @ doug -OMG -- did i set out to call anyone names? No.

- - - Updated - - -

@Doug --- cya Doug -- all you had to do was name his name, but i set the bar too high. Take care.
    Someone else already named him for the both of us. But you enjoy your anger rage posting. Should have just stopped posting after my initial post last night. But, honestly, it's been a little bit entertaining to see how all of this has unraveled.

2. Turn Off Ads?

@ Flair OMG -- you are still here!! You've already told me IDK anything -- what more do you not need to know? You're feeding the "troll" (me) and that's not smart.

I'm trying to figure out how what an organization did or did not produce from it's minor league system three years ago has any bearing on how that system should be ranked today.

@ Doug -- you're still here? I thought you left. Just the name of that great fielding SS. let's debate his merits -- i have no idea who that great player is. I just need a name and we can talk about it --but i have to go thru a guessing game and then you tell me you're leaving ... Please-- what's the player's name?

This thread is incredible.

7. Likes:

Larry Schuler (09-04-2018),WrongVerb (09-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    This thread is incredible.
    Forget the fact that Servo named names, why don't you name names dougdirt? NAME NAMES!

REMINDER/Warning: Refrain from personal attacks.

MTH was willing to debate some things and i did and Fairchild might be a prospect. It's kind of how you do things on a message board. You don't start out calling people names and telling them you're done with them and that you are going to ignore them (and then continually come back) ....call me a troll again. I don't care if you think i'm wrong, but i have done a lot of research on the subject and 75% of the board wants to play games. I'll go player by player if you want to throw some names out - i really will -- heck, i have. Let's do that.

So, I'm ignoring Cooper, but I'm interested in the whole "overrated" or "underrated" system thing.

A couple of people other than Cooper have said that the Reds system is overrated. OK, I can dig it, but if that's the case what systems are underrated? If the Reds aren't a top ten system, what systems are and where should the Reds rank?

Where the system is lacking: Full season shortstops, starting pitching.
    Where the system isn't lacking: everywhere else. It's deep.

Totally my fault.

Hernadez -- at Billings and Greenville -- 4 or 5 years away --double play to error rate for a SS 23/13. 5 SS's in the league had a better ratio. 5th or 6th in range factor.

He's an average hitter with a high BABIP .352.

Ok --he's average for the Appy League.

Anyone put him on a top 100 list? Will he be in the Reds top 20 list. I kinda doubt it.

Actually -he's slightly below average for the APPy League.

Pitching is 38% of the game- they are terrible- maybe the worst at developing pitchers.

They have some OFers but every team in the MLB has OFer prospects. Ours are nothing special when you compare them to other teams.

The OFers they do have are 3 years away.

Doug -- I didn't see Servo's post --i didn't mean to be Obtuse.

Projecting Hernandez 4 leagues ahead --with what's there. I think that's a huge push.

Projecting Hernandez 4 leagues ahead --with what's there. I think that's a huge push.

If you don't have pitching and no real SS options --that's 45% of the system that's bereft of talent. If everything works --and i mean everything else that's there works-- that's at best a mid level system and that's a huge if.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (09-01-2018)

Why do i want us to go back 3 years??

1. We supposedly had an influx of talent from trades -- somebody entirely missed the boat there.

2. Those same guys are in charge (for the most part) of the minor league system. The best predictor of the future is the past.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (09-01-2018)

Turn Off Ads?