Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Minor League Games of 9/6/18 (Thursday)

Minor League Games of 9/6/18 (Thursday)

Pensacola dropped Game One to Biloxi 5-3 in 12 innings, squandering a 3-1 lead in the process. Vladimir Gutierrez will attempt to even the series up tonight. VG is coming off one of his better efforts on the season: 7 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K. A reprisal of that game will likely be enough get the job done.

Dayton is playing for a spot in the league finals tonight, having tied the series up at 1 game apiece last night. It will either be Tommy Bergjans or Wennington Romero. The smart money is on Bergjans. Tommy has not allowed more than 2 earned runs in any of his last 6 starts. Works for me.

Billings is playing the regular season finale. James Marinan is the listed started, but I'd save him for Game One of the playoff series. The Mustangs finished the regular season with 6 consecutive games (3 away, 3 at home) against Great Falls. They start a 3-game playoff set against that same team on Friday night. 9 games in a row (at least 8) those 2 teams will have been butting heads. I can only imagine how sick they are of each other.

2. Likes:

mace (09-06-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Minor League Games of 9/6/18 (Thursday)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

Dayton is playing for a spot in the league finals tonight, having tied the series up at 1 game apiece last night. It will either be Tommy Bergjans or Wennington Romero. The smart money is on Bergjans. Tommy has not allowed more than 2 earned runs in any of his last 6 starts. Works for me.
    My feelings are hurt that you didn't read my website today, Dave. Austin Orewiler is starting for Daytona. Bergjans is on the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    My feelings are hurt that you didn't read my website today, Dave. Austin Orewiler is starting for Daytona. Bergjans is on the DL.
    I heard a pretty solid rumor that Bergjans is just gonna rub some dirt on it, and give it a go.

And I meant to say the STUPID money is on Bergjans. My bad.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-06-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I heard a pretty solid rumor that Bergjans is just gonna rub some dirt on it, and give it a go.

And I meant to say the STUPID money is on Bergjans. My bad.
    I hope there's NO money on the game at all. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, PETE

Excellent playoff night for the farm teams tonight.

Pensacola leads 4-0. Bad Vlad Gutierrez has thrown a 3-hit shut with 2 down in the 7th. He has yet to walk a batter, and has punched out 3. Gutierrez has also doubled, and driven home a pair of Blue Fish.
    Gavin LaValley has a perfect night at the plate working - 2 singles and a walk.
    TJ Friedl has singled and walked.

Daytona is on the verge of advancing in the playoffs. In the deciding Game Three, the Tortugas fell behind 3-0. They have now rallied for 2 in the 7th, as well as (at least) 3 in the 8th. It is now 5-3 Daytona as the teams head in to the 9th innings.

Austin Orewiler came up one out shy of a quality start, being touched up for 3 runs in 5.2 innings.
    Ty Boyles faced 4 batters, and struck them all out.
    Carlos Diaz pitched a scoreless inning.
    Ryan Hendrix is on in the 9th to nail things down.

Ibandel Isabel turned things around with a 2-run shot in the 7th.
    Tyler Stephenson singled twice.
    Bruce Yari proved a tough out, singling and walking twice.
    Randy Ventura also stroked a pair of singles.

UPDATE: And, Hendrix did indeed, close things out. Yay!

9. Likes:

mace (09-06-2018)

Daytona will face off against the Fort Mayer Hot Dogs in a best of 5, after bouncing the team with the league's best record (Clearwater) in 3 games.

Fort Myers will host Games One and Two.
    The final three games (or as many as necessary) will be played in Daytona.

Turn Off Ads?