Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Minor League Games of 9+9=18 (Sunday)

Minor League Games of 9+9=18 (Sunday)

The spotlight will be solely on the Daytona Tortugas, as they are the last Reds' farm club still playing.

Tejay Antone was excellent: 7 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K.
    Joel Kuhnel pitched the 8th, and coughed up a run.
    Ryan Hendrix will be tasked with sealing the victory.

Daytona scored single runs in the first, fourth and sixth, before adding three more in the eighth.

Taylor Trammell singled and walked.
    Tyler Stephenson doubled and walked. He was also bruised by the baseball.
    Bruce Yari reached base three times, singling, doubling and drawing a free pass.
    Second base was a productive position. Randy Ventura singled in two trips. He was replaced by Alberti Chavez who singled in both of his plate appearances.
    Alfredo Rodriguez singled, tripled and knocked in three runs.

Ryan Hendrix must have the ball moving all over the place. The first two batters he faced struck out, but had to be retired catcher to first. The third batter walked. And that was followed by a wild pitch. He got the third batter swinging.

Game over. Daytona 6 Fort Myers 2. Both Fort Myers runs came on solo shots by Royce Lewis. Tortugas live to play another day.

2. Likes:

mace (09-09-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor League Games of 9+9=18 (Sunday)

Any given day etc....but Graterol is/will be a Top-100 guy. Well done Daytona!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Any given day etc....but Graterol is/will be a Top-100 guy. Well done Daytona!
    Dude was pitching in Daytona when I was down there this summer. Was sitting 98 for 6 innings. Touched triple digits a few times....

6. Likes:

kaldaniels (09-10-2018)

Alfredo Rodriguez has hit well in the playoffs
    6-21 .286 with 2 BB .348obp 2XBH .429slg .776ops
    I know SSS but he is doing it against the better staffs.

I am interested to see if he is a better hitter next year. If he can hit close to that next year he will climb up the prospect charts. He is my early pick to surprise in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    Alfredo Rodriguez has hit well in the playoffs
    6-21 .286 with 2 BB .348obp 2XBH .429slg .776ops
    I know SSS but he is doing it against the better staffs.

I am interested to see if he is a better hitter next year. If he can hit close to that next year he will climb up the prospect charts. He is my early pick to surprise in 2019
    For me he's a minor league non-prospect - .585 OPS this season. He's not the Cuban SS in whom I'm investing some hope.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    For me he's a minor league non-prospect - .585 OPS this season. He's not the Cuban SS in whom I'm investing some hope.
    But that ops is in the FSL and he was real unlucky with his babip being .239 this year vs .297 last year in same league. Also his iso has went from .041 to .117 showing more power. Also his walk rate went from 4.8 to 6.6
    With normalized babip he is more like a .630 ops which for me is OK in the FSL with his glove. The dude is just filling out and getting used to American baseball. If you add his regular season and playoff stats you get .235 BA/.282 OBP/.340 slg for a .622 ops

It is not unusual for glove first SS's offense to take time to develop. The Reds are much better at developing offense than pitching.

But that ops is in the FSL and he was real unlucky with his babip being .239 this year vs .297 last year in same league. Also his iso has went from .041 to .117 showing more power. Also his walk rate went from 4.8 to 6.6
    With normalized babip he is more like a .630 ops which for me is OK in the FSL with his glove. The dude is just filling out and getting used to American baseball. If you add his regular season and playoff stats you get .235 BA/.282 OBP/.340 slg for a .622 ops

It is not unusual for glove first SS's offense to take time to develop. The Reds are much better at developing offense than pitching.
    Originally they started him in Pensacola, then that fell apart. Yet he didn't hit much in the FSL in his 2nd go there at age 24, and I don't even want to know his season numbers if we back out his AZL stats.

I vastly prefer Garcia.
    Last edited by M2; 09-10-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

He'll be 25-years-old next year. He's not just starting to fill out. The guy weighed 190 lbs in the spring of 2017. This is his second full season in America. He's a terrible hitter. I've said it in the past, he looks like he should hit the ball harder than he does. But, he just doesn't. I wouldn't be shocked beyond my wildest dreams if he actually hit a handful of home runs one of these days. But there's nothing beyond hope right now that suggests he's showing anything at the plate.

Turn Off Ads?