Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hurricane Florence

Hurricane Florence

Already 30 inches of rain in the Carolinas.

We went to Carolina Beach for vacation this year which is right outside of Wilmington. Curious to see what is going to be left of it after this.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hurricane Florence

My youngest sister went to Myrtle with her and her fiance's kids last weekend. They reluctantly evacuated Wednesday, a day later than everyone was begging them to. I was worried. When she was around eight, she dropped an umbrella into a raging creek during a flood and got mad at me and screamed when I kept her from going after it. She hasn't changed. She still thinks she can overcome anything through sheer stubbornness, and she still thinks she should have stayed another day, at least. Her words to me were "We were on the ninth floor; we wouldn't have been killed!"

Family genes weren't distributed evenly. I wouldn't have even planned a trip for hurricane season, and if I had, when one was forecast, I would have cancelled. I'm a coward.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 09-16-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post

Family genes weren't distributed evenly. I wouldn't have even planned a trip for hurricane season, and if I had, when one was forecast, I would have cancelled. I'm a coward.

Better to be a live chicken than a dead duck.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

5. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-20-2018),marcshoe (09-16-2018),Revering4Blue (09-23-2018),WVRed (09-16-2018)

It has been nasty here the last week; I am so lucky only had power out for a day and a few trees down but not on house and some flooding in the yard. Just able to go back to work yesterday and my sons school is still out-the road leading to it is washed out but hope they go back this week. Such devastation around the state, I know many friends and family who lost houses- some of them for the 2nd time in 2 years after Matthew 2 years ago. My wife's uncle is dying-any moment now-and her mom cant even get out of the town she lives in to go see him and say goodbye before he dies. Brother in law lives in Wilmington, not likely to have power until at least next week, and guesses there are around 500 trees down in his neighborhood. There is a long road ahead for many, many people here!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?