Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 09/17/18 Reds @ Brewers

Re: 09/17/18 Reds @ Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    No, I have a feeling it's going to be Baez.
    Yeah but once Yelich goes 7 for next 8 in final 2 games vs Reds with 4 extra base hits....he’ll have slightly passed Baez for the moment

2. Turn Off Ads?

Brantley just called them out..."Is there one pitcher, ONE, on this Reds staff who has gotten better since the beginning of last year? And the answer is N-O, no. And if you can't teach it at the minor-league level, and you can't teach it at the big-league level, then you're just spinning your wheels."
    Cody Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Cody Reed.
    I'm not buying that. One good start in his last appearance isn't enough. He's been a trainwreck for nearly his entire major-league career.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I'm not buying that. One good start in his last appearance isn't enough. He's been a trainwreck for nearly his entire major-league career.
    Question is who’s “gotten better.” Reed is better now than in any other MLB trial he’s had.

His whole major league career spanning less than 100 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Question is who’s “gotten better.” Reed is better now than in any other MLB trial he’s had.
    I was in attendance for the start in Pittsburgh. He got lit up like a Christmas tree, and looked like the Cody Reed we've all gotten to know and love. He didn't do much better in his next start vs. the Dodgers. You'll forgive me if I don't buy that he's turned the corner just because of one good start.

I was in attendance for the start in Pittsburgh. He got lit up like a Christmas tree, and looked like the Cody Reed we've all gotten to know and love. He didn't do much better in his next start vs. the Dodgers. You'll forgive me if I don't buy that he's turned the corner just because of one good start.
    I just said Cody got better. It’s clear from the numbers as compared with previous seasons. I didn’t say he was ready for enshrinement.

Brantley just called them out..."Is there one pitcher, ONE, on this Reds staff who has gotten better since the beginning of last year? And the answer is N-O, no. And if you can't teach it at the minor-league level, and you can't teach it at the big-league level, then you're just spinning your wheels."
    Marty has been saying this for 4 years, it's why half the board hates him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I know you've only been a short time so I can tell with absolute certainty that Marty hate has nothing to do with what he's said about the Reds pitching.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

No, with Marty it gets lost among all the other whining and complaining he does. With Cowboy, it carries a little more weight. Mainly because he's more of a cheerleader, but also because he carries the gravitas of being an ex-MLB pitcher with a 14-year career, former All-Star, and Rolaids Relief Man winner.

No, with Marty it gets lost among all the other whining and complaining he does. With Cowboy, it carries a little more weight. Mainly because he's more of a cheerleader, but also because he carries the gravitas of being an ex-MLB pitcher with a 14-year career, former All-Star, and Rolaids Relief Man winner.
    So you're saying I have to have been a major league pitcher to wax poetic about the Reds ineptitude in developing pitching?

So you're saying I have to have been a major league pitcher to wax poetic about the Reds ineptitude in developing pitching?
    You can say it, but it means more coming from Brantley

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Come on, Brantley makes a comment that happens to be dead on, and people are getting chippy about it? It carries more weight because he rarely calls anyone out, mainly because he played for a long time and knows how hard the game is. (The exact same reason why Joe Nuxhall seldom called anyone out.) It's not the same as Marty's gripes or THom's soapbox tirades.

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-18-2018),Ironman92 (09-17-2018)

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Come on, Brantley makes a comment that happens to be dead on, and people are getting chippy about it? It carries more weight because he rarely calls anyone out, mainly because he played for a long time and knows how hard the game is. (The exact same reason why Joe Nuxhall seldom called anyone out.) It's not the same as Marty's gripes or THom's soapbox tirades.
    So the pitching hasn't improved and I still see players making dumb mistakes in the field and on the bases and hitting. I know things were pretty crappy when Price was fired but Riggleman has been manager for the bulk of the season and it boggles my mind that he's still being talked about as a candidate for manager next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

17. Likes:

Big Klu (09-17-2018),Ron Madden (09-17-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So the pitching hasn't improved and I still see players making dumb mistakes in the field and on the bases and hitting. I know things were pretty crappy when Price was fired but Riggleman has been manager for the bulk of the season and it boggles my mind that he's still being talked about as a candidate for manager next season.
    Riggleman has been a good soldier, and maybe they might offer him another position in the organization as gratitude for accepting a difficult assignment this season, but I would be surprised if he's back as the manager next year.

But then again, knowing the Reds as we all do, maybe I wouldn't be surprised.

19. Likes:

Chip R (09-18-2018)

Turn Off Ads?