Turn Off Ads?
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869
Results 1,021 to 1,027 of 1027

Thread: College Basketball 2018-2019

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: College Basketball 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    He wasn't proven. He was a promising coaching prospect. A lot of those guys don't work out. Dan Dakich and Jim Crews were once promising Knight disciples, too.
    Proven guys don't work out either.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Of course, but the risk is a lot lower.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I'm too big of a fan to not argue this point until my keyboard bleeds. It might have been 30 years ago. But not anymore.

Florida takes basketball seriously. Just completed a multi-million dollar renovation of our home arena last year, and it's gorgeous. Lots of talent in the SE. I know Michigan is also a big job and in the interest of keeping this from devolving into some petty argument, I know many people think Michigan would be considered a better job. But there aren't many compelling reasons for a guy like White to leave UF to coach there. He's from Mississippi, played his college ball at Ole Miss and turned down their opening last year. He is paid very well here and will be due for another raise soon. His agent may leverage this opening into another one, for all I know. I just don't see him really giving it any serious consideration, even if Michigan makes overtures.

Funny thing is, other than being offended that some other school took our guy, I wouldn't be devastated if White left. I like him, but I don't love the guy as an x's and o's coach. He cannot coach half court offense. Defensively, the guy's a wizard.
    My guess is the Florida basketball arena is NOT named after a football coach. That shows you right there where basketball ranks on a campus.

5. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (05-16-2019)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My guess is the Florida basketball arena is NOT named after a football coach. That shows you right there where basketball ranks on a campus.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O'Connell_Center
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    That's more typical. That's how Tenn got their name too. How many schools other than Michigan have their BB arena named after a football coach?

Started a new thread. This one is over the limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm closing it. I see a new has been started for the 19-20 season. So carry on there my wayward sons.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?