Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2018-2019

Re: College Basketball 2018-2019

Nate Oats to Alabama.

Good luck convincing 60% of last years scoring to pull their names from the transfer portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

That's a nice hire and the kind of guy I think Alabama should be targeting.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-28-2019)

Tennessee goes down in a wild and crazy game. At times Purdue looked like world beaters. But nearly blew it. If either team hits their foul shots they would have won going away.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Thanks Tennessee for a fun season. Now I don't have to debate spending a few hundred in order to go to Louisville on Saturday.

The guys in Orange got me to baseball season!

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-28-2019),Revering4Blue (03-29-2019),WVRed (03-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Thanks Tennessee for a fun season. Now I don't have to debate spending a few hundred in order to go to Louisville on Saturday.

The guys in Orange got me to baseball season!
    Honestly thought Tennessee would pull it out. Purdue really clamped down in overtime.

Great season though, just wish it had went further than the Sweet 16.

There isn’t much separation between the 2-3 seeds in the tournament this year, as Purdue and Texas Tech showed last night. I wouldn’t be shocked if LSU and Houston won tonight as well.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Tennessee got hosed, and that's coming from a Florida fan. I was working (no volume on the TV) so I didn't hear any discussion but it really looked like the ball went off the Purdue player and then the foul on the inbound was a bad call, even if he just barely grazed him. I'm all for protecting shooters (not going under them when they come down) but the calls some of them get well after releasing their shots are absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Tennessee got hosed, and that's coming from a Florida fan. I was working (no volume on the TV) so I didn't hear any discussion but it really looked like the ball went off the Purdue player and then the foul on the inbound was a bad call, even if he just barely grazed him. I'm all for protecting shooters (not going under them when they come down) but the calls some of them get well after releasing their shots are absurd.
    Not to mention refusing to add more time (should have been 0.6 seconds) and the buzzer going off before the ball even touched anybody (not like it mattered with one tenth of a second).

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Dang it SR, I told the Vols to watch Cline...they didn't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Dang it SR, I told the Vols to watch Cline...they didn't listen.
    When someone is hitting turnaround fading 3 pointers against good defense, watching is pretty much the only thing you can do.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    When someone is hitting turnaround fading 3 pointers against good defense, watching is pretty much the only thing you can do.
    Pretty simple solution in my book.....you deny him the ball. The Vols should have known Cline was capable of doing what he did last night. At least every fan in the B1G knew.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Not to mention refusing to add more time (should have been 0.6 seconds) and the buzzer going off before the ball even touched anybody (not like it mattered with one tenth of a second).
    That was correct. The clock doesn’t stop when the player asks for time out, it’s when the ref acknowledges it.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-29-2019)

Not a good showing for the SEC so far. Michigan State blowing out LSU.

Not a good showing for the SEC so far. Michigan State blowing out LSU.
    SEC blowing out #1 seed NC is pretty impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    SEC blowing out #1 seed NC is pretty impressive
    Biggest upset of the tournament so far. Not saying much because this tournament has been pretty predictable though.

Auburn has been white hot since the SEC tournament but I’m curious how Okeke’s injury will play out against Kentucky. The Cats have beaten Auburn twice this year and the last game at Rupp wasn’t close at all.

And Kentucky barely survives against Houston while Duke despite having Zion, a HOF Coach, and 90% of the refs still needed a bailout from God to win. Next up, Tom Izzo who is lifetime 1-11 against Coach K.

Biggest upset of the tournament so far. Not saying much because this tournament has been pretty predictable though.

Auburn has been white hot since the SEC tournament but I’m curious how Okeke’s injury will play out against Kentucky. The Cats have beaten Auburn twice this year and the last game at Rupp wasn’t close at all.

And Kentucky barely survives against Houston while Duke despite having Zion, a HOF Coach, and 90% of the refs still needed a bailout from God to win. Next up, Tom Izzo who is lifetime 1-11 against Coach K.
    Things are certainly falling right for Kentucky

Turn Off Ads?